A Verifiable Encryption Scheme Supporting Fuzzy Search
Searchable encryption supports retrieval over encrypted data while protecting data privacy. How to prevent non-trusted cloud service providers from performing partial retrieval operations or tampering with or deleting some encrypted data in order to save computing resources and bandwidth, thereby returning partial or erroneous search results. Therefore, we proposed a verifiable encryption scheme supporting fuzzy Search (VESFS). Through principle of matrix operations, VESFS realizes the fuzzy retrieval over encrypted data, and enables the user to verify the correctness of the retrieval results efficiently by applying the RSA accumulator and the proposed challenge response-based search verification method. The security analysis proves that VESFS provides privacy security and verifiable security; the performance analysis and experimental results show that VESFS is effective and feasible.
KeywordsSearchable encryption Matrix operations Verifiable retrieval RSA accumulator Privacy security
This work was supported in part by the Guangxi Natural Fund Project under Grant No. 2016GXNSFAA380115, Guangxi Innovation-Driven Development Project under Grant No. AA17204058-17.
- 1.Song, D.X., Wagner, D., Perrig, A.: Practical techniques for searches on encrypted data. In: Proceedings of the 2000 IEEE Symposium on Security & Privacy (S&P), Piscataway, pp. 44–55 (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Mei, Z.L., Wu, B., Tian, S.L., et al.: Fuzzy keyword search method over ciphertexts supporting access control. KSII Trans. Internet Inf. Syst. 11(11), 5671–5693 (2017)Google Scholar
- 5.Chai, Q, Gong, G.: Verifiable symmetric searchable encryption for semi-honest-but-curious cloud servers. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications, Ottawa, pp. 917–922 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, J., Ma, H., Tang, Q., et al.: A new efficient verifiable fuzzy keyword search scheme. J. Wirel. Mob. Netw. Ubiquitous Comput. Dependable Appl. 3(4), 61–71 (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Wang, K.X., Li, Y.X., Zhou, F.C., et al.: Multi-keyword fuzzy search over encrypted data. J. Comput. Res. Dev. 54(2), 348–360 (2017)Google Scholar
- 8.Yang, Y., Zhang, Y.C., Liu, J.: Chinese multi-keyword fuzzy rank search over encrypted cloud data based on locality-sensitive hashing. J. Inf. Sci. Eng. 35(1), 137–158 (2019)Google Scholar
- 10.Sion, R.: Query execution assurance for outsourced databases. In: Proceedings of the 31st International Conference on Very Large Data Bases, Trondheim, pp. 601–612 (2005)Google Scholar
- 12.Huang, R.W., Gui, X.L., Yu, S., et al.: A computable encryption method for privacy protection in cloud environments. J. Comput. 34(12), 2391–2402 (2011)Google Scholar