Experimental Analysis of Machine Learning Algorithms in Classification Task of Mobile Network Providers in Virudhunagar District
Data mining has many classification algorithms with desired features. The machine learning algorithms such as K Nearest Neighbor, Support Vector Machines and Neural Network are some of the most popular algorithms used for classification task. Since classification is gaining importance due to the enormous amount of big data in real world datasets, the choice of a perfect classification algorithm is an ultimate need. For the classification task, the “Mobile Phone network satisfaction” real world dataset has been collected from the mobile phone users. In today’s world, mobile network chosen by the users has a greater impact on the individual user’s day-to-day activities and also on the business of network providers. Hence, the performance and accuracy of the mentioned machine learning algorithms has been investigated and analyzed in the prior described datasets. The proposed work analyses the performance of the KNN, SVM and Neural network classifiers and also analyses the mobile users’ affinity and usage nature based on different age groups.
KeywordsK nearest neighbour Neural network SVM Mobile dataset
- 2.Tapas B et al (2018) Measurement of customer satisfaction of different mobile operators in Bangladesh; a study on Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Science and Technology Univeristy, Gopalganj, Bangladesh. IOSR J Bus Manag 20(3):38–47Google Scholar
- 3.Jamil JM, Nawawi MKM, Ramli R (2016) Customer satisfaction model for mobile phone service providers in Malaysia. J Telecommun, Electron Comput Eng (JTEC) 8(8):165–169Google Scholar
- 5.Ganesan K, Rajaguru H (2019) Performance analysis of KNN classifier with various distance metrics measures for MRI images. In: Soft computing and signal processing. Springer, Singapore, pp 673—682Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang S, Li X, Zong M, Zhu X, Wang R (2017) Efficient KNN classification with different numbers of nearest neighbours. IEEE Trans Neural Netw Learn Syst 29(1):1774–1785Google Scholar
- 7.Preetha V, Chitra K (2018) Authentication in mobile Adhoc network using neural network. J Adv Res Dyn Control Syst 10(special issue 2):901–909Google Scholar