Feature Extraction of Cardiotocography Signal
Fetal heart activity is a vital measurement to assess the well-being of fetus throughout its intrauterine lifetime and mostly at the time of delivery. As it is a fact that the fetal heart rate interpretations are done manually, the readings are highly inaccurate and found to be subjective. Automated CTG analysis has been adopted as the most capable way to handle these problems of CTG. In this scope, CTG-OAS, an open software is used for fetal heart rate analysis. This software analyses the fetal heart rate and extracts the features of heart rate variability for further analysis. The results obtained are validated with those derived from the pH values of the cortical blood samples of delivered babies. The sympathetic and parasympathetic control on fetal heart rate and its relation with the fetal oxygenation is studied and analyzed for early detection of fetal distress.
KeywordsFetal Heart Rate (FHR) Cardiotocography CTG-OAS software CTU-UHB database
- 2.Khandoker AH, Karmakar C, Kimura Y, Palaniswami M (2013) Development of fetal heart rate dynamics before and after 30 and 35 weeks of gestation. Comput Cardiol 40:453–456. ISSN 2325-8861Google Scholar
- 3.Khandpur RS (2003) Hand book of biomedical engineering, 2nd edn. Tata McGraw-Hill Education, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 5.Cömert Z, Kocamaz AF (2017) A novel software for comprehensive analysis of cardiotocography signals “CTG-OAS”. In: International artificial intelligence and data processing symposium. https://doi.org/10.1109/idap.2017.8090210
- 6.Cömert Z, Kocamaz AF, Gungor S (2016) Cardiotocography signals with artificial neural network and extreme learning machine. In: 24th signal processing and communication application conference (SIU). https://doi.org/10.1109/siu.2016.7496034
- 8.Cömert Z, Kocamaz AF (2016) Evaluation of fetal distress diagnosis during delivery stages based on linear and nonlinear features of fetal heart rate for neural network community. Int J Comput Appl 156(4):26–31Google Scholar