Design Development of a Car Fan Shroud Based on Virtual Prototypes
The study aims to present virtual prototyping applicability for design and evaluation of complex system of automotive industry. It presents a new principle design solution and illustrates design development, based entirely on virtual prototyping. The design concept is to provide solution for radiators fan and its shroud for high speeds when the fan acts like resistance. Multiple design variants are examined using virtual prototype of radiators, fan, shroud and all engine components. Developed design variants are compared by their performance both at low and high speeds.
KeywordsCar fan Shroud CFD Virtual prototype
This work was supported by the European Regional Development Fund within the Operational Programme “Science and Education for Smart Growth 2014–2020” under the Project CoE “National center of mechatronics and clean technologies “BG05M2OP001-1.001-0008- C01.
- 2.Versteeg, H.K., Malalasekera, W.: An Introduction to Computational Fluid Dynamics, 2nd edn. Pearson Education Limited, Glasgow (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Ishikawa, M., Otsuki, Y.: Efficiency improvement of motor fan for cooling radiator. Calsonic Kansei Tech. Rev. (11), 32–38 (2014)Google Scholar
- 4.Genov, J., Kralov, I.: BEM theory adaptation taking into account the wind speed vertical gradient for wind turbines of high class part 2 numerical analysis of the aerodynamic interaction. In: AIP Conference Proceedings, vol. 2048, p. 020016 (2018)Google Scholar
- 6.Mitov, Al., Kralev, J., Angelov, Il.: Investigation of model-based tuning of PI regulator for electrohydraulic steering system. In: The 9th International Congress on Ultra-Modern Telecommunications and Control Systems (ICUMT), Germany (2017). ISSN 2157-023XGoogle Scholar
- 7.Atanasov, V., Kovatchev, G.: Study of the cutting power in longitudinal milling of oak wood. In: 29th International Conference on Wood Science and Technology, ICWST 2018: Implementation of Wood Science – Proceedings, pp. 27–34 (2018). ISBN: 978-953292059-8Google Scholar
- 8.Tonchev, K., Balabanov, G., Manolova, A., Poulkov, V.: Personalized and intelligent sleep and mood estimation modules with web based user interface for improving quality of life. In: Arai, K., Kapoor, S., Bhatia, R. (eds.) SAI 2018. AISC, vol. 858, pp. 922–935. Springer, Cham (2019). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-01174-1_71CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 9.Todorov, G., Sofronov, Y., Petkov, A.: Innovative joystick virtual prototype ergonomy validation methodology by physical 3D printed functional model. In: International Conference on High Technology for Sustainable Development, HiTech 2018 – Proceedings, Article number 8566241 (2018). ISBN: 978-153867039-2Google Scholar