On-Site Measurements of TETRA Standard Emission Disturbing Interference
In this paper a simple test-bed to evaluate the effect of an unmodulated disrupting signal on a TETRA π/4-DQPSK (Differential Quadrature Phase-Shift Keying) signal has been developed and implemented, such that the transmitted signal does not affect other communication system existing in the same area. An unmodulated disrupting signal, with increasing amplitude, has been overlapped on the transmitted data and the parameters of the received signal has been evaluated with an Agilent Vector Signal Analyzer model 89600. Based on the results obtained, several interesting conclusions have been highlighted at the end.
KeywordsDisturbing signal Interferences Phase modulation Signal quality parameters TeTRa
This work was supported by a grant of the Ministry of Innovation and Research, UEFISCDI, project number 33PCCDI/01.03.2018 within PNCDI III, Platform of multi-agent intelligent systems for water quality monitoring on Romanian sector of Danube and Danube Delta (MultiMonD2), and partially funded under contract no. 5Sol/2017 within PNCDI III, Integrated Software Platform for Mobile Malware Analysis (ToR-SIM) and contract no. 213PED/2017, OFDM System based on FFT with non-integer argument (FractOFDM).
- 2.Dunlop, J., Girma, D., Irvine, J.: Digital Mobile Communications and the TETRA System. Wiley, New York (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Yongmei, S., Fuzhang, W., Yishun, Z.: Vehicle positioning method of modern tram based on TETRA communication system. In: Balas, V.E., Jain, L.C., Zhao, X. (eds.) Information Technology and Intelligent Transportation Systems. AISC, vol. 454, pp. 147–154. Springer, Cham (2017). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-38789-5_25CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Järvinen, T.: Location System solution in Terrestrial Trunked RAdio (TETRA) Professional Mobile Radio (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Niu, Z., Li, H., Xu, C.: A signaling compression method for MCPTT trunking communication system based on carrier aggregated broadband system. In: 2017 7th IEEE International Conference on Electronics Information and Emergency Communication (ICEIEC), pp. 215–218. IEEE, July 2017Google Scholar
- 6.Bercovici, M.S., Koren, E., Kugman, E., Shemesh, Y.A.: Method and apparatus for mitigating interference between mobile devices in a wireless communication system. U.S. Patent 9,615,299. Motorola Solutions Inc. (2017)Google Scholar
- 7.ETSI EN 300 392-2 V3.1.1 (2006-09), Terrestrial Trunked Radio (TETRA); Voice plus Data (V+D); Part 2: Air Interface (AI)Google Scholar
- 8.http://www.lightwaveonline.com. Accessed 28 June 2018
- 9.Terrestrial Trunked Radio (TETRA): http://www.etsi.org s.l.: ETSI, 2001. ETSI EN 300 392-2 V2.3.2 (2001-03)