A Queue in Overall Telecommunication System with Quality of Service Guarantees
For the first time a queue, related to the shortage of network resources, is included in a model of overall telecommunication system with finite number of users and facilities which makes the model closer to the real system. The service in the queue depends on feedbacks of call attempts and of the state and duration of services in the overall system. The server of the queuing system has more than one exits. The results presented are a base for future development of tools for management, design, dimensioning and redimensioning of the system.
KeywordsOverall telecommunication system Conceptual model Queuing system with feedbacks Quality of Service
The work of V. Andonov and A. Otsetova was partially funded by the Bulgarian NSF Project DM 12/2 – “New Models of Overall Telecommunication Networks with Quality of Service Guarantees”.
The work of S. Poryazov was supported by the National Scientific Program “Information and Communication Technologies for a Single Digital Market in Science, Education and Security (ICT in SES)”, financed by the Bulgarian Ministry of Education and Science.
- 2.ITU E.600, ITU-T Recommendation E.600: Terms and Definitions of Traffic Engineering (Melbourne, 1988; revised at Helsinki, 1993)Google Scholar
- 3.Iversen, V. B.: Teletraffic Engineering Handbook. ITU-D SG 2/16 & ITC. Draft, December 2003. http://www.tele.dtu.dk/teletraffic/. Accessed 11 Dec 2004
- 4.Poryazov, S.A., Saranova, E.T.: Some general terminal and network teletraffic equations for virtual circuit switching systems. In: Nejat Ince, A., Topuz, E. (eds.) Modeling and Simulation Tools for Emerging Telecommunication Networks, pp. 471–505. Springer, Boston (2006). https://doi.org/10.1007/0-387-34167-6_24CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.Poryazov, S., Saranova, E.: Models of Telecommunication Networks with Virtual Channel Switching and Applications. Academic Publishing House “Prof. M. Drinov”, Sofia (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Poryazov, S., Andonov, V., Saranova, E.: Comparison of four conceptual models of a queuing system in service networks. In: Proceedings of the 26th National Conference with International Participation TELECOM 2018, Sofia, 25–26 October, pp. 71–77 (2018)Google Scholar
- 7.Poryazov, S., Saranova, E., Ganchev, I.: Conceptual and analytical models for predicting the quality of service of overall telecommunication systems. In: Ganchev, I., van der Mei, R.D., van den Berg, H. (eds.) Autonomous Control for a Reliable Internet of Services. LNCS, vol. 10768, pp. 151–181. Springer, Cham (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-90415-3_7CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Schneps, M.: Systems for Distribution of Information. Svyaz Publishing House, Moscow (1979). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 9.Vishnevskiy, V.M.: Theoretical Foundations Of Computer Networks Planning. Tehnosfera, Moscow (2003). (in Russian)Google Scholar