Continuous Remote Ammonia Monitoring by Air Quality Measurement and Communication System
The current paper represents the portable system for monitoring of air quality by detecting the concentrations of an ammonia gas based on compact MOS sensor. The presence of the ammonia gas in the outdoor or indoor air is very important for the human health and safety because it may be dangerous in high concentrations. The continuous monitoring of the This portable system is designed to meet the requirements of the health protection not only in the indoor environments but also in the urban, industrial and rural locations by continuous measurement and transmission of the data to the remote server for real-time analysis of the working space air. The paper discusses the calibration and test of the metal-oxide sensors due to the very wide range of the initial sensitive layer resistance and calculation of the ammonia gas concentration in the air.
KeywordsAmmonia measurement Air quality measurement system
This work was supported by European Regional Development Fund and the Operational Program “Science and Education for Smart Growth” under contract UNITe № BG05M2OP001-1.001-0004 -C01 (2018-2023).
- 1.Heber, Al., Jones, D., Sutton, A.: Controlling Ammonia Gas In Swine Buildings, February 2004 (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Occupational Safety and Health Administration - Permissible Exposure Limits/ OSHA Annotated Table Z-1 (2008). https://www.osha.gov/dsg/annotated-pels/tablez-1.html
- 5.SGX Sensortech – MiCS-6814 datasheet 14143 rev 8Google Scholar
- 6.Miletiev, R., Iontchev, E., Yordanov, R.: Mobile system for monitoring of air quality and gas pollution. In: International Scientific Conference on Information, Communication and Energy Systems and Technologies ICEST 2018, 28–30 June, Sozopol (2018)Google Scholar
- 7.SGX Sensortech - SGX Metal Oxide Gas Sensors, AN-0172, Issue 1, 14-Jul-2014Google Scholar