Data Analytics for the Selection of Wind Turbine Power Curve Models
Once energy is a social good, this study proposes a methodology to select the most appropriate wind turbine power curve models for Brazilian wind farms. To do so, we compare our proposal with the observed values in a monthly and annual base.
KeywordsWind power Power curve Renewable energy
The authors thank the R&D program of the Brazilian Electricity Regulatory Agency (ANEEL) for financial support (PD-0387-0315/2015). They also thank the support of the National Council of Technological and Scientific Development (CNPq) and FAPERJ. This study was financed in part by the Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior—Brasil (CAPES)—Finance Code 001.
- 1.ANEEL: Available at http://www.aneel.gov.br. Accessed 25 Apr 2018. BIG ANEEL. Available at http://www2.aneel.gov.br/aplicacoes/capacidadebrasil/capacidadebrasil.cfm. Accessed 27 Apr 2018
- 2.ONS. Available at http://ons.org.br/paginas/resultados-da-operacao/historico-da-operacao. Accessed 25 Apr 2018
- 3.Maçaira, P.M., Cyrillo, Y.M., Oliveira, F.L.C., Souza, R.C.: Including wind power generation in Brazil’s long-term optimization model for energy planning. Energies 12(5), 1–20 (2019)Google Scholar
- 5.Mathew, S.: Wind Energy—Fundamentals, Resource Analysis and Economics. Springer (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Kusiak, A., Zheng, H., Song, Z.: Models formonitoring wind farm power. Renew. Energy 34(3):583–590 (2017)Google Scholar
- 7.Gupta, S.C., Nema, R.K., Sohoni, V.: A critical review on wind turbine power curve modelling techniques and their applications in wind based energy systems. Hindawi Publishing Corporation. J Energy 1–18 (2016)Google Scholar
- 10.Kishore, L.N., Fernandez, E.: Reliability well-being assessment of PV-wind hybrid system using Monte Carlo simulation. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Emerging Trends in Electrical and Computer Technology (2011)Google Scholar
- 13.The Wind Power. Available at https://www.thewindpower.net/index.php. Accessed 25 Apr 2018
- 14.Research Data Archive. Available at https://rda.ucar.edu/. Accessed 25 Apr 2018