About the Looking Forward Approach in Cooperative Differential Games with Transferable Utility
This paper presents a complete description and the results of the Looking Forward Approach for cooperative differential games with transferable utility. The approach is used for constructing game theoretical models and defining solutions for conflict-controlled processes where information about the process updates dynamically or for differential games with dynamic updating. It is supposed that players lack certain information about the dynamical system and payoff function over the whole time interval on which the game is played. At each instant, information about the game structure updates, players receive new updated information about the dynamical system and payoff functions. A resource extraction game serves as an illustration in order to compare a cooperative trajectory, imputations, and the imputation distribution procedure in a game with the Looking Forward Approach and in the original game with a prescribed duration.
KeywordsDifferential games Differential cooperative games Looking forward approach Time consistency
Research was supported by a grant from the Russian Science Foundation (Project No 18-71-00081).
- 6.Gromova, E.V., Petrosian, O.L.: Control of information horizon for cooperative differential game of pollution control. In: 2016 International Conference Stability and Oscillations of Nonlinear Control Systems (Pyatnitskiy’s Conference). IEEE, Piscataway (2016). https://doi.org/10.1109/STAB.2016.7541187
- 11.Kwon, W.H., Han, S.H.: Receding Horizon Control: Model Predictive Control for State Models. Springer, New York (2005)Google Scholar
- 13.Petrosian, O.L.: Looking forward approach in cooperative differential games with infinite-horizon. Vestnik S. Petersburg Univ. Ser. 10. Prikl. Mat. Inform. Prots. Upr. 4, 18–30 (2016)Google Scholar
- 16.Petrosian, O.L., Pogozhev, S.V.: Looking forward approach with random horizon in cooperative differential games. Automatica (2017) (to be published)Google Scholar
- 19.Petrosian, O.L., Nastych, M.A., Volf, D.A.: Differential game of oil market with moving informational horizon and non-transferable utility. In: 2017 Constructive Nonsmooth Analysis and Related Topics (dedicated to the memory of V.F. Demyanov) (CNSA), pp. 1–4. IEEE, Piscataway (2017). https://doi.org/10.1109/CNSA.2017.7974002
- 20.Petrosian, O.L., Nastych, M.A., Volf, D.A.: Non-cooperative differential game model of oil market with looking forward approach. In: Petrosyan, L.A., Mazalov, V.V., Zenkevich, N. (eds.) Frontiers of Dynamic Games, Game Theory and Management, St. Petersburg, 2017. Birkhauser, Basel (2018)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 21.Petrosyan, L.A.: Time-consistency of solutions in multi-player differential games. Vestnik Leningr. State Univ. 4, 46–52 (1977)Google Scholar
- 25.Rawlings, J.B., Mayne, D.Q.: Model Predictive Control: Theory and Design. Nob Hill Publishing, Madison (2009)Google Scholar
- 28.Wang, L.: Model Predictive Control System Design and Implementation Using MATLAB. Springer, New York (2005)Google Scholar
- 29.Yeung, D., Petrosyan, O.: Cooperative stochastic differential games with information adaptation. In: International Conference on Communication and Electronic Information Engineering (CEIE 2016). Atlantis Press, (2017). https://doi.org/ceie-16.2017.47