Mesh Modification and Adaptation Within INMOST Programming Platform
INMOST (Integrated Numerical Modelling Object-oriented Supercomputing Technologies) is a programming platform which facilitates development of parallel models. INMOST provides to the user a number of tools: mesh manipulation and mesh data operations, automatic differentiation, linear solvers, support for multiphysics modelling. In this paper, we present mesh modification and adaptation capabilities of INMOST.
KeywordsOpen-source library Mesh adaptation Mesh modification Reservoir simulation Poroelasticity
This work was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR) under grants 17-01-00886 and 18-31-20048.
- 2.Bagaev, D.V., Burachkovskii, A.I., Danilov, A.A., Konshin, I.N., Terekhov, K.M.: Development of INMOST programming platform: dynamic grids, linear solvers and automatic differentiation. In: Russian Supercomputing Days, pp. 543–555. http://2016.russianscdays.org/files/pdf16/543.pdf (2016, in Russian)
- 3.Bouchnita, A.: Mathematical modelling of blood coagulation and thrombus formation under flow in normal and pathological conditions. Ph.D. Thesis, Université Lyon 1 - Claude Bernard, Ecole Mohammadia d’Ingénieurs - Université Mohammed V de Rabat, Maroc (2017)Google Scholar
- 4.Danilov, A.A., Terekhov, K.M., Konshin, I.N., Vassilevski, Yu.V.: Parallel software platform INMOST: a framework for numerical modeling. Supercomput. Front. Innov. 2(4), 55–66 (2015)Google Scholar
- 5.Distributed and Unified Numerics Environment. https://dune-project.org/. Accessed 30 May 2018
- 7.Garimella, R.V.: MSTK - a flexible infrastructure library for developing mesh based applications. In: Proceedings, 13th International Meshing Roundtable, pp. 213–220 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.INMOST – a toolkit for distributed mathematical modeling. http://www.inmost.org. Accessed 15 April 2018
- 9.Norne: the full Norne benchmark case, a real field black-oil model for an oil field in the Norwegian Sea. https://opm-project.org/?page_id=559. Accessed 26 February 2019
- 11.Terekhov, K.M.: Application of unstructured octree grid to the solution of filtration and hydrodynamics problems (in Russian). Ph.D. Thesis, INM RAS (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.Terekhov, K., Vassilevski, Y.: INMOST parallel platform for mathematical modeling and applications. In: Voevodin, V., Sobolev, S. (eds.) Supercomputing. RuSCDays 2018. Communications in Computer and Information Science, vol 965. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-05807-4_20 (2019)
- 14.Trilinos – platform for the solution of large-scale, complex multi-physics engineering and scientific problems. http://trilinos.org/. Accessed 15 April 2018
- 15.Vassilevski, Yu.V., Konshin, I.N., Kopytov, G.V., Terekhov, K.M.: INMOST - Programming Platform and Graphical Environment for Development of Parallel Numerical Models on General Grids (in Russian). Moscow University Press, Moscow (2013)Google Scholar