Analysis of Wave Shaping Circuits in Remote Lab
In this paper, performance analysis of various wave shaping circuits using Remote Lab is presented. Remote lab system has ability to conduct clipping and clamping circuits with different wave shaping capability. User can remotely conduct the experiment by just click of a button. It’s possible to apply any type of AC signal and any value of DC reference voltage. It presents series and shunt clipping circuits along with +ve and −ve voltage clampers. Along with input and output waveforms, user can also obtain transfer characteristics of all clipping circuits using this user can know the working of many wave shaping circuits. Remote lab system for filters is built using Arduino ATMEGA-2560, National Instrument’s (NI) Analog Discovery kit and dedicated PCB. User has the freedom to apply input signal of desired amplitude and frequency.
KeywordsRemote lab Wave shaping circuits Transfer characteristics Reference voltage Analog discovery
Authors thank the Management, Director and Principal of Siddaganga Institute of Technology (SIT), Tumakuru for their support in making this project. We also extended our gratitude to faculty members and students of Department of Telecommunication Engineering, SIT, Tumakuru for their support during the development of this innovative methodology.
- 4.Balamuralithara, B., Woods, P.C.: Virtual Laboratories in Engineering Education: The Simulation Lab and Remote Lab (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Chen, X., Song G., Zhang, Y.: Virtual and remote laboratory development: a review. In: Proceedings of Earth and Space 2010, pp. 3843–3852, Honolulu (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Chen, X., Lawrence O Kehinde. P.E., Zhang, Y., Darayan, S., Texas Southern. David O. Olowokere, Daniel Osakue, USING Virtual And Remote Laboratory To Enhance Engineering Technology EducationGoogle Scholar
- 7.Daniel Kruse, Sulamith Frerich from Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Project ELLI - Excellent Teaching & Learning in Engineering Sciences, Universitätsstr. 150 | 44801 | Germany and Marcus Petermann, Andreas Kilzer from Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Particle Technology, Universitätsstr. 150 | 44801 | Germany titled “Virtual Labs And Remote Labs: Practical Experience For Everyone”, 2014 IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference (EDUCON)Google Scholar
- 8.Nedic, Z., Machotka, J., Nafalski, A. titled Remote laboratories versus virtual and real laboratories. In: 33rd Annual Frontiers in Education, 2003. FIE 2003Google Scholar