Interactive Lab for Electronic Circuits
This paper describes an innovative method of self Learning methodology for Analog Electronic circuits. In this self learning methodology, Common Emitter (CE) amplifier is considered for demonstration. It explains every step involved in, how a user accessing the CE amplifier circuit remotely can interact with the circuit and verify own circuit design by conducting an experiment. National Instrument’s LabVIEW, Analog Discovery-2 NI Edition, Arduino, and Digilent Pmod Digipot are used. This is a first step towards interactive lab (iLab).
KeywordsInteractive lab LabVIEW Analog electronic circuits Analog Discovery-2 Digipot
Authors thank the Management, Director and Principal of Siddaganga Institute of Technology (SIT), Tumakuru for their support in making this project. We also extended our gratitude to faculty members and students of Dept. Of Telecommunication Engineering, SIT, Tumakuru for their support during the development of this innovative methodology.
- 4.Balamuralithara, B., Woods, P.C.: Virtual Laboratories in Engineering Education: The Simulation Lab and Remote Lab (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Chen, X., Song, G., Zhang, Y.: Virtual and remote laboratory development: a review. In: Proceedings of Earth and Space 2010, pp. 3843–3852, Honolulu (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Chen, X., Lawrence O Kehinde, P.E., Zhang, Y., Darayan, S., Texas Southern. David O. Olowokere, Mr. Daniel Osakue, USING Virtual And Remote Laboratory To Enhance Engineering Technology EducationGoogle Scholar
- 7.Kruse, D.: Sulamith Frerich from Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Project ELLI - Excellent Teaching & Learning in Engineering Sciences, Universitätsstr. 150 | 44801 | Germany and Marcus Petermann, Andreas Kilzer from Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Particle Technology, Universitätsstr. 150 | 44801 | Germany titled “Virtual Labs And Remote Labs: Practical Experience For Everyone” 2014 IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference (EDUCON)Google Scholar
- 8.Nedic, Z., Machotka, J., Nafalski, A.: Remote laboratories versus virtual and real laboratories, 33rd Annual Frontiers in Education, 2003. FIE (2003)Google Scholar