Transverse Approach to Geometric Algebra Models for Manipulating Quadratic Surfaces
Quadratic surfaces gain more and more attention in the geometric algebra community and some frameworks to represent, transform, and intersect these quadratic surfaces have been proposed. To the best of our knowledge, however, no framework has yet proposed that supports all the operations required to completely handle these surfaces. Some existing frameworks do not allow the construction of quadratic surfaces from control points while some do not allow to transform these quadratic surfaces. Although a framework does not exist that covers all the required operations, if we consider all already proposed frameworks together, then all the operations over quadratic surfaces are covered there. This paper presents an approach that transversely uses different frameworks for covering all the operations on quadratic surfaces. We employ a framework to represent any quadratic surfaces either using control points or the coefficients of its implicit form and then map the representation into another framework so that we can transform them and compute their intersection. Our approach also allows us to easily extract some geometric properties.
KeywordsGeometric algebra Quadratic surfaces Conformal geometric algebras
- 1.Breuils, S., Nozick, V., Fuchs, L.: Garamon: Geometric algebra library generator. Advances in Applied Clifford Algebras Submitted (2019)Google Scholar
- 5.Dorst, L., Fontijne, D., Mann, S.: Geometric Algebra for Computer Science: An Object-Oriented Approach to Geometry. Morgan Kaufmann, Burlington (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Dorst, L., Van Den Boomgaard, R.: An analytical theory of mathematical morphology. In: Mathematical Morphology and its Applications to Signal Processing, pp. 245–250 (1993)Google Scholar
- 14.Hitzer, E.: Geometric operations implemented by conformal geometric algebra neural nodes. Preprint arXiv:1306.1358 (2013)
- 18.Parkin, S.T.: A model for quadric surfaces using geometric algebra. Unpublished, October 2012Google Scholar