Fine-Grained Color Sketch-Based Image Retrieval
We propose a novel fine-grained color sketch-based image retrieval (CSBIR) approach. The CSBIR problem is investigated for the first time using deep learning networks, in which deep features are used to represent color sketches and images. A novel ranking method considering both shape matching and color matching is also proposed. In addition, we build a CSBIR dataset with color sketches and images to train and test our method. The results show that our method has better retrieval performance.
KeywordsColor sketch Image retrieval Deep learning Triplet network
This research is supported by the PDE-GIR project which has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No 778035. Yanran Li has received research grands from the South West Creative Technology Network.
- 3.Kiran Yelamarthi, S., Krishna Reddy, S., Mishra, A., Mittal, A.: A zero-shot framework for sketch based image retrieval. In: ECCV, pp. 300–317 (2018)Google Scholar
- 5.Li, Y., Hospedales, T.M., Song, Y.Z., Gong, S.: Fine-grained sketch-based image retrieval by matching deformable part models. In: British Machine Vision Conference (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Yu, Q., Liu, F., Song, Y.Z., Xiang, T., Hospedales, T.M., Loy, C.C.: Sketch me that shoe. In: Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 799–807 (2016)Google Scholar
- 8.Song, J., Yu, Q., Song, Y.Z., Xiang, T., Hospedales, T.M.: Deep spatial-semantic attention for fine-grained sketch-based image retrieval. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision, pp. 5551–5560 (2017)Google Scholar
- 9.Bui, T., Collomosse, J.: Scalable sketch-based image retrieval using color gradient features. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision Workshops, pp. 1–8 (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.Schroff, F., Kalenichenko, D., Philbin, J.: FaceNet: a unified embedding for face recognition and clustering. In: Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 815–823 (2015)Google Scholar