Fast Superpixel Segmentation with Deep Features
In this paper, we propose a superpixel segmentation method which utilizes extracted deep features along with the combination of color and position information of the pixels. It is observed that the results can be improved significantly using better initial seed points. Therefore, we incorporated a one-step k-means clustering to calculate the positions of the initial seed points and applied the active search method to ensure that each pixel belongs to the right seed. The proposed method was also compared to other state-of-the-art methods quantitatively and qualitatively, and was found to produce promising results that adhere to the object boundaries better than others.
KeywordsSuperpixel Deep feature extraction Active search
- 5.Krizhevsky, A., Sutskever, I., Hinton, G.E.: ImageNet classification with deep convolutional neural networks. In: NIPS, pp. 1097–1105 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Li, Z., Chen, J.: Superpixel segmentation using linear spectral clustering. In: CVPR (2015)Google Scholar
- 7.Lu, J., Yang, H., Min, D., Do, M.N.: Patch match filter: efficient edge-aware filtering meets randomized search for fast correspondence field estimation. In: CVPR (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.Yan, J., Yu, Y., Zhu, X., Lei, Z., Li, S.Z.: Object detection by labeling superpixels. In: CVPR (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.Zhao, J.X., Bo, R., Hou, Q., Cheng, M.M.: FLIC: fast linear iterative clustering with active search. In: AAAI (2018)Google Scholar