Introduction to “Water Resources Management in Romania”
This chapter presents the main features of the book titled “Water Resources Management in Romania”. The book consisted of 7 parts including the introduction (this chapter) and the conclusions (the closing chapter). The main body of the book consists of five themes to cover the water quality, the water supply, the antropic influences to water resources, hydrology and several case studies. The main technical elements of each chapter are presented under its relevant theme.
KeywordsRomania Management Quality Quantity Modelling Water resources Pollution Hydropower Danube River Antropic Hydrology
The writers of this chapter would like to acknowledge the efforts of all authors of the book chapters during the different phases of the book preparation including their inputs in this chapter.
- 1.Batinas RH, Sorocovschi V (2011) Resurse de apa, potential si valorificare turistica. Presa Universitara Clujeana, Cluj-NapocaGoogle Scholar
- 2.Bretcan P, Tampu MF (2008) The Razim-Sinoie lacustrine complex. Protection, resources, valorization. Lakes Reservoirs Ponds 1–2:99–112Google Scholar
- 3.European Commission (2012) Draft of the commission services. Member state: Romania accompanying the report document of the commission towards the European Parliament and the council on the implementation of the Water Framework Directive (2000/60/CE). Management plans of the hydrographical basins. http://ec.europa.eu/environment/water/water-framework/pdf/CWD-2012-379_EN-Vol25_RO_ro.pdf
- 4.Gâștescu P (2010) Resursele de apă din România, Potențial, calitate, distribuție teritorială, management. In: Water resources from Romania. Vulnerability to the pressure of man’s activities, conference proceedings, pp 10–30Google Scholar
- 5.Romanescu G, Sandu I, Stoleriu CC, Sandu IG (2014) Water resources in Romania and their quality in the main Lacustrine Basins. Rev Chim (Bucharest) 63(3):344–349Google Scholar
- 6.Romanian Waters National Administration (2013) The national plan for the development of the hydrographical basins in Romania. Synthesis, revised version, Feb 2013, BucharestGoogle Scholar
- 7.Tuchiu E (2011) Directiva Cadru Apa – directii de dezvoltare ale Planurilor de Management ale Bazinelor Hidrografice. In: Institutul National de Hidrologie si Gospodarire a Apelor, annual scientific conference, 1–3 Nov 2011, pp 55–68Google Scholar