The Belt and Road Initiative (BRI), sometimes criticized, already succeeded to link many countries on all five continents. There is no infrastructure development without risks. The USA and China are two superpowers which need to have more cooperation to avoid a negative post-Cold War. Peace is essential for the future of humanity.
KeywordsArbitration Dispute resolution BRI Globalization Opportunities Risks Silk Road
- De Villiers, Etienne. 2018. Revisiting Max Weber’s Ethic of Responsibility. Tubingen: Mohr Siebeck. See also Stephen J. Skripak et al.Google Scholar
- Erken, Hugo, Michael Every, et al. 2018. RaboResearch. Economic Research. Accessed November 22, 2018. https://economics.rabobank.com/publications/2018/june/us-china-trade-war-back-to-the-future/.
- HK Arbitration. 2017. Accessed September 6, 2018. http://china-trade-research.hktdc.com/business-news/article/The-Belt-and-Road-Initiative/Case-study-Belt-and-Road-disputes-Choosing-Hong-Kong-as-the-seat-of arbitration/obor/en/1/1X000000/1X0AAU5D.htm.
- Kim, Samuel S. 1997. China as a Great Power. Current History 96 (611): 246. Quoted by Parama Sen, China and the ASEAN Regional Forum, Charuchandra College, Calcutta (PDF), p. 1.Google Scholar
- Mimiko, N.O. 2012. Globalization: The Politics of Global Economic Relations and International Business. North Carolina: Durham.Google Scholar
- Montani, Guido. 2019. Supranational Political Economy: The Globalisation of the State-Market Relationship. London and New York: Routledge.Google Scholar
- O’Neill. 2018. Accessed March 18, 2019. https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/07/chinese-consumer-the-single-most-important-thing-in-world-economy-jim-oneill.html.
- Piao Zhuhua, et al. 2017. The Political Risk Analysis on China’s Direct Investment Environment of the Belt and Road Initiative. In China’s Belt and Road Initiatives and Its Neighboring Diplomacy, ed. Zhang Jie, 223–248. London: World Scientific.Google Scholar
- Sassen, Saskia. 1998. Globalization and Its Discontents. New York: The New Press.Google Scholar
- Smits, Mattijs. 2015. South East Asian Energy Transitions: Between Modernity and Sustainability. Farnham, Surrey: Ashgate.Google Scholar
- Steger, Manfred B. 2004. Introduction in M. B. Steger, Rethinking Globalism, 1–12. New York: Rowman & Littlefield Publisher.Google Scholar
- Thomson, Valentine. 1930. Briand: Man of Peace. New York: Covici-Friede.Google Scholar
- World Bank. 2018. M. Ruta. April 5, 2018. Accessed September 3, 2018. http://blogs.worldbank.org/trade/three-opportunities-and-three-risks-belt-and-road-initiative.