This introductory chapter begins with the fundamentals of multiphase flow regimes as well as the classification of multiphase systems with phase change. The processes of phase change between solid, liquid, and vapor are discussed. A review of heat and mass transfer with emphasis in multicomponent systems and scaling are presented in this chapter including multiphase notations and concepts.
- ANSYS Fluent Theory Guide. (2017). ANSYS, Inc.Google Scholar
- Bergman, T. L., & Lavine, A. S. (2017). Fundamentals of heat and mass transfer (8th ed.). New York: Wiley.Google Scholar
- Bird, R. B., Stewart, W. E., & Lightfoot, E. N. (2006). Transport phenomena (Revised 2nd ed.). New York: Wiley.Google Scholar
- Faghri, A. (2016). Heat pipe science and technology (2nd ed.). Columbia, MO: Global Digital Press.Google Scholar
- Faghri, A., Zhang, Y., & Howell, J. R. (2010). Advanced heat and mass transfer. Columbia, MO: Global Digital Press.Google Scholar
- Howell, J., Menguc, M. P., & Siegel, R. (2015). Thermal radiation heat transfer (6th ed.). Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.Google Scholar
- Kays, W. M., Crawford, M. E., & Weigand, B. (2004). Convective heat transfer (4th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar
- Kulacki, F. A. (2018). Handbook of thermal science and engineering. New York, NY: Springer International Publishing.Google Scholar
- Poling, B. E., Prausnitz, J. M., & O’Connell, J. P. (2000). The properties of gases and liquids (5th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar
- Serizawa, A. (2010). Dispersed flow. In Thermopedia, Begell House, http://www.thermopedia.com/content/5/. Accessed May 15, 2018.
- Welty, J. R., Rorrer, G. L., & Foster, D. G. (2014). Fundamentals of momentum, heat and mass transfer (6th ed.). New York, NY: Wiley.Google Scholar
- White, F. M. (2005). Viscous fluid flow (3rd ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar