Information Tool for Multifarious Scientific and Practical Research
This article is devoted to overview of Belarusian software eLab meant for a wide variety of applications in science and practice. eLab was initially a laboratory information system with elements of electronic document management for laboratory testing of fuels and lubricants quality. Now it is used as an information tool for different purposes, including development of content management system of an educational and scientific Internet portal and information system in the field of nuclear and radiation safety. eLab principles of functioning and main features are described as well as possible applications.
The work is carried out within the framework of the Project 1-02 of the State Scientific and Technical Program “Intellectual Information Technologies”.
Author thanks the head of the Department of Nuclear and Radiation Safety of the Ministry for Emergency Situations of the Republic of Belarus (Gosatomnadzor) Dr. O. M. Lugovskaya for support.
Author thanks her colleagues that take active part in the development of framework eLab: Dr. S. V. Charapitsa, Dr. I. Ya. Dubovskaya, Dr. I. M. Kimlenko, Prof. V. I. Kuvshinov, Prof. A. S. Lobko, Dr. T. A. Savitskaya, Dr. A. I. Timoshenko, and researchers A. N. Kavalenka, A. L. Mazanik, A. P. Dunets, V. I. Haurilavets, T. P. Sidorovich.
- 1.R. Stallman, The Advantages of Free Software. Free Software Foundation (2013). https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/practical.html
- 2.S. Sytova et al., Information system eLab for accredited testing laboratories. Informatics No. 3, 49–61 (2017)Google Scholar
- 3.S. Sytova, et al., Belarusian software for automation of accounting and control systems in the Armed Forces of the Republic of Belarus, in 7th International Conference on Military-Technical Problems, Problems of Defense and Security, Use of Technologies of Dual Use: A Collection of Scientific Articles, Minsk, Belarus, 20–22 May 2017, pp. 213–222Google Scholar
- 4.S. Sytova et al., Information tool for support of activities in supervision for nuclear and radiation safety, in Abstract Sixth International Conference on Engineering of Scintillation Materials and Radiation Technologies ISMART 2018, 9–12 Oct 2018, Minsk, Belarus, pp 98–99Google Scholar
- 5.S. Charapitsa et al. Steps in creation of educational and research web-portal of nuclear knowledge BelNET (2015). https://lanl.arxiv.org/abs/1512.04313
- 6.S. Sytova, et al., Knowledge presentation in the content management system eLab-Science, in Proceedings International Conference on Open Semantic Technologies for Intelligent Systems—OSTIS-2018, Minsk, Belarus, 15–17 Feb 2018, pp. 365–368Google Scholar
- 7.K.A. Potocki, R.C. Brocato, A system of management for organizational improvement. Johns Hopkins APL Techn. Dig. 16, 402–412 (1995)Google Scholar
- 8.M. Fawler, Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture (Addison-Wesley, 2003), p. 533Google Scholar
- 9.S.R. Schach, Object-oriented Software Engineering (McGraw-Hill Higher Education, 2008), p. 578Google Scholar