A Ranking Method of Hexagonal Fuzzy Numbers Based on Their Possibilistic Mean Values
A hexagonal fuzzy number (HFN) with its membership function as a nonlinear function, which is a generalization of triangular fuzzy numbers, trapezoidal fuzzy numbers, linear pentagonal fuzzy numbers and linear hexagonal fuzzy numbers, is defined in this paper. Cardinality of HFN is applied to achieve an algorithm for classifying types of HFNs. In addition, we present a ranking method for those fuzzy numbers based on their possibilistic mean values. Therefore, an explicit formula of the possibilistic mean value of HFN is proposed.
KeywordsHexagonal fuzzy number Possibilistic mean value Ranking
The authors would like to thank to the referees for valuable comments and suggestions.
- 3.Christi, A., Malini, D.: Solving transportation problems with hexagonal fuzzy numbers using best candidates method and different ranking techniques. Int. J. Eng. Res. Appl. 6, 76–81 (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.Dhanam, K., Parimaladevi, M.: Cost analysis on a probabilistic multiitem inventory model with ranking of circumcenter of the centroid of pentagonal fuzzy number. Int. J. Pure Appl. Math. 113, 1–9 (2017)Google Scholar
- 7.Dinagar, D.S., Narayanan, U.H.: On determinant of hexagonal fuzzy number matrices. Int. J. Math. Appl. 4, 357–363 (2016)Google Scholar
- 8.Dinagar, D.S., Narayanan, U.H.: On inverse of hexagonal fuzzy number matrices. Int. J. Pure Appl. Math. 115, 147–158 (2017)Google Scholar
- 9.Elumalai, P., Prabu, K., Santhoshkumar, S.: Fuzzy transportation problem using hexagonal fuzzy numbers by robust ranking method. Emperor Int. J. Financ. Manag. Res. UGC Jr. 45308, 52–58 (2017)Google Scholar
- 11.Ghadle, K.P., Pathade, P.A.: Solving transportation problem with generalized hexagonal and generalized octagonal fuzzy numbers by ranking method. Glob. J. Pure Appl. Math. 13, 6367–6376 (2017)Google Scholar
- 14.Hussain, R.J., Priya, A.: Solving fuzzy game problem using hexagonal fuzzy number. J. Comput. 1, 53–59 (2016)Google Scholar
- 16.Rajarajeswari, P., Sahaya, S.A.: Ranking of hexagonal fuzzy numbers for solving multi objective fuzzy linear programming problem. Int. J. Comput. Appl. 84, 14–19 (2013)Google Scholar
- 17.Sahaya, S.A., Revathy, M.: A new ranking on hexagonal fuzzy numbers. Int. J. Fuzzy Log. Syst. 6, 1–8 (2016)Google Scholar
- 19.Selvakumari, K., Sowmiya, G.: Fuzzy network problems using job sequencing technique in hexagonal fuzzy numbers. Int. J. Adv. Eng. Res. Dev. 4, 116–121 (2017)Google Scholar
- 20.Thamaraiselvi, A., Santhi, R.: Optimal solution of fuzzy transportation problem using hexagonal fuzzy numbers. Int. J. Sci. Eng. Res. 6, 40–45 (2015)Google Scholar