New Fuzzy Approaches to Cryptocurrencies Investment Recommendation Systems
This work proposes the use of Computational Intelligence algorithms to predict cryptocurrencies values based on historical values. After predicting the value of the currencies for up to three days following the current one using an evolving algorithm, two approaches were presented to suggest the investment: the first one uses only the result of the forecast to provide a suggestion of investment; in contrast, the second approach, in addition to using the prediction data returned by the evolving system, also applies a Mamdani system, based on expert knowledge, to suggest to the users what to do with their invested value. After performing and processing the historical data of three cryptocurrencies, the suggestions offered by both approaches were compared to the actual quote. The comparison presented results with a total assertiveness rate of over 90% for the three cryptocurrencies evaluated, according to established criteria, for both the evolving approach and the hybrid approach. Computational experiments suggest that the two proposed approaches are promising and competitive with alternatives reported in the literature.
This work was supported by Brazilian National Research Council (CNPq).
- 1.Nakamoto, S.: Bitcoin: a peer-to-peer electronic cash system (2008). Accessed 2 Mar 2018Google Scholar
- 2.Grinberg, R.: Bitcoin: an innovative alternative digital currency. Hastings Sci. Technol. Law J. 4, 160 (2011). SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=1817857. Accessed 2 Mar 2018
- 3.Investing.com. Investing (2018). https://br.investing.com/crypto/bitcoin/btc-usd-chart. Accessed 16 Mar 2018
- 5.Kaminski, J., Gloor, P.A. Nowcasting the bitcoin market with Twitter signals. CoRR, vol. abs/1406.7577 (2014). http://arxiv.org/abs/1406.7577
- 6.NeuroBot. Neural Network Algorithm. https://neurobot.trading/. Accessed 17 Aug 2018
- 7.El-Abdelouarti Alouaret, Z.: Comparative study of vector autoregression and recurrent neural network applied to bitcoin forecasting, July 2017. http://oa.upm.es/47934/
- 10.Sin, E., Wang, L.: Bitcoin price prediction using ensembles of neural networks. In: International Conference Natural Computation, Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery, pp. 666–671 (2017)Google Scholar
- 11.Spilak, B.: Deep neural networks for cryptocurrencies price prediction. Ph.D. dissertation, Humboldt-Universitat zu Berlin, May 2018Google Scholar
- 12.McNally, S., Roche, J., Caton, S.: Predicting the price of Bitcoin using Machine Learning. In: International Conferene Parallel, Distributed and Network-Based Processing, pp. 339–343, March 2018Google Scholar
- 16.Angelov, P., Zhou, X.: Evolving fuzzy systems from data streams in real-time. In: 2006 International Symposium on Evolving Fuzzy Systems, pp. 29–35, September 2006Google Scholar
- 19.Caminhas, W., Gomide, F.: A fast learning algorithm for neofuzzy networks. In: Proceedings of the Information Processing and Management of Uncertainty in Knowledge Based Systems, pp. 1784–1790 (2000)Google Scholar
- 21.CoinMarketCap. Cryptocurrency Market Capitalizations (2018). https://coinmarketcap.com/. Accessed 01 June 2018