Dynamics and Elastic Stability of an Electrostatically Actuated Microbeam Under Ultrafast Laser Pulse
Laser-induced vibrations and elastic stability of a clamped-clamped beam electrostatic transducer are considered under ultrafast laser pulse. It is assumed that laser pulse acts as volume heat generation with Gaussian time-profile localized in near-surface layer of the beam. Temperature load non-stationarity and non-homogeneity through length and thickness lead to appearance of thermal-induced mechanical moment and axial forced acting on the beam, which can result in buckling phenomena. Semi-analytical methods for solution of nonlinear boundary-value problems are used for static equilibrium determination of the beam in the electric field of one stationary electrode. Analytical solution of non-stationary temperature problem in the beam volume is obtained. Finally, areas in parameter space of system geometrical and mechanical properties along with laser pulse characteristics are determined which correspond to elastic stability of initial equilibrium form of the beam subjected to laser pulse.
KeywordsMEMS Bernoulli-Euler beam Laser pulse Elastic stability
This work was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, project no. 17–01–0414.
- 1.Lavrent’ev, M.A., Ishlinskii, A.Y.: Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 64(6), 779 (1949)Google Scholar
- 3.Belyaev, A.K., Morozov, N.F., Tovstik, P.E., Tovstik, T.P.: Vestn. St. Petersburg Univ.: Math. 49(1), 53 (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.Li, C., et al.: Laser induced surface acoustic wave combined with phase sensitive optical coherence tomography for superficial tissue characterization. Biomed. Opt. Expr. 5(5) (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Russel M.A., Souto-Iglesias A. Numerical simulation of Laser Fusion Additive Manufacturing processes using the SPH method, Comp. Meth. Appl. Mech. Eng. 341 (2018)Google Scholar
- 10.Xiong, Q, et al.: Thermal damage and ablation behavior of graphene induced by ultrafast laser irradiation. J. Therm. Stresses (2018)Google Scholar
- 11.Yang, T., Bellouard, Y.: Laser-induced transition between nonlinear and linear resonant behaviors of a micromechanical oscillator. Phys. Rev. Appl. 7 (2017)Google Scholar
- 13.Sun, Y., et al.: Thermoelastic response of a simply supported beam irradiated by a movable laser pulse. Canad. J. Phys. (2017)Google Scholar
- 17.Zhang, W., Yan, H., Peng, Z., Meng, G.: Sens. Actuators A 214, 187 (2014)Google Scholar