Part of the Numanities - Arts and Humanities in Progress book series (NAHP, volume 10)
- DePoe, John M. undated. Knowledge by acquaintance and knowledge by description. Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy. Accessed 2 Jan 2019 from https://www.iep.utm.edu/knowacq/#SH2b.
- Kirschner, David, and James A. Whitson (eds.). 1997. Situated cognition: Social, semiotic and psychological perspectives. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum.Google Scholar
- Koopman, Colin. 2009. Pragmatism as transition: Historicity and hope in James, Dewey and Rorty. New York: Columbia University Press.Google Scholar
- Law, John. 2008. Actor-network theory and material semiotics. In The New Blackwell Companion to social theory, 3rd ed, ed. Bryan S. Turner, 141–158. Oxford: Blackwell.Google Scholar
- Plato. undated. Meno. Accessed 1 Jan 2019 from http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/meno.html.
- Sebeok, Thomas. 2001. Biosemiotics. In The Routledge companion to semiotics and linguistics, ed. P. Cobley, 163–164. London: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Stables, Andrew. 2006a. Living and learning as semiotic engagement: A new theory of education. New York: Mellen.Google Scholar
- Stables, Andrew. 2006b. From semiosis to social policy: The less trodden path. Sign Systems Studies 34 (1): 121–134.Google Scholar
- Stables, Andrew. 2009. School as imagined community in discursive space: A perspective on the school effectiveness debate. In Knowledge, values and educational policy: A critical perspective, ed. H. Daniels, H. Lauder, and J. Porter, 253–261. London: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Stables, Andrew. 2011. Childhood and the philosophy of education: An anti-aristotelian perspective. London: Continuum.Google Scholar
- Stables, Andrew. 2013. Semiotics as philosophy for education: From concepts to signs. In Interaction in educational domains (Papers from the Finnish educational research conference 2012), ed. K. Tirri and E. Kuusisto, 37–49. Sense: Rotterdam.Google Scholar
- Van Leeuwen, Theo. 2005. Introducing social semiotics. New York: Routledge.Google Scholar
© Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019