Active Vibration Damping of a Cable-Driven Parallel Manipulator Using a Multirotor System
A cable-driven parallel manipulator (CDPM) is a robotic manipulator designed to control the position and/or orientation of its end effector within the system’s workspace by use of actuated cables. Some configurations of cable-driven systems are inherently low in stiffness and so the end effector is prone to vibration under disturbances. In this paper, we study the feasibility of implementing a multirotor system to actively damp the translational vibration of CDPM end effectors. In a simulated experiment, the system attenuates vibration time by 80% for a 30 kg mass with a vibration frequency of 1 Hz and an undamped amplitude of 15 cm.
Keywordscable-driven parallel manipulator vibration damping multirotor system
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. Du, W. Ding, and H. Bao, “Cable Vibration Analysis for Large Workspace Cable-Driven Parallel Manipulators,” in Cable-Driven Parallel Robots, T. Bruckmann and A. Pott, Eds. Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2013, pp. 437–449.Google Scholar
- B. Y. Duan, Y. Y. Qiu, F. S. Zhang, and B. Zi, “On design and experiment of the feed cable-suspended structure for super antenna,” Mechatronics, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 503–509, Jun. 2009.Google Scholar
- Y. Suilu, W. Zhao, L. Qi, and C. Yixin, “Stiffness analysis of a wire-driven parallel manipulator,” in 2012 IEEE International Conference on Computer Science and Automation Engineering (CSAE), 2012, vol. 3, pp. 31–34.Google Scholar
- S. Kawamura, W. Choe, S. Tanaka, and S. R. Pandian, “Development of an ultrahigh speed robot FALCON using wire drive system,” in Proceedings of 1995 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Nagoya, Japan, 1995, vol. 1, pp. 215–220.Google Scholar
- X. Weber, L. Cuvillon, and J. Gangloff, “Active vibration canceling of a cable-driven parallel robot in modal space,” in 2015 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2015, pp. 1599–1604.Google Scholar
- M. Lesellier, L. Cuvillon, J. Gangloff, and M. Gouttefarde, “An Active Stabilizer for Cable-Driven Parallel Robot Vibration Damping,” in 2018 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), Madrid, Spain, 2018, pp. 5063–5070.Google Scholar
- Y. Sun, A. Plowcha, M. Nail, S. Elbaum, B. Terry, and C. Detweiler, “Unmanned Aerial Auger for Underground Sensor Installation,” in 2018 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2018, pp. 1374–1381.Google Scholar
- D. Anthony and C. Detweiler, “UAV Localization in Row Crops,” J. Field Robot., vol. 34, no. 7, pp. 1275–1296, Oct. 2017.Google Scholar
- M. Newman, A. Zygielbaum, and B. Terry, “Static Analysis and Dimensional Optimization of a Cable-Driven Parallel Robot,” in Cable-Driven Parallel Ro-bots, 2018, pp. 152–166.Google Scholar
- I. Salafian, “Development of the End-Effector of a Cable-Driven Parallel Manipulator for Automated Crop Sensing,” Mech. Mater. Eng. – Diss. Theses Stud. Res., Aug. 2017.Google Scholar
- M. Newman, “DESIGN AND EXPERIMENTATION OF CABLE-DRIVEN PLATFORM STABILIZATION AND CONTROL SYSTEMS,” Mech. Mater. Eng. – Diss. Theses Stud. Res., Aug. 2017.Google Scholar