The Long Way from Science to Innovation – A Research Approach for Creating an Innovation Project Methodology
- 384 Downloads
The presented paper aims at proposing a research methodology for creation and approbation of a flexible methodology for development and management of innovative projects in scientific organizations (FMIPSO). For basement, the following flexible methodologies have been used: Lean startup, Agile, Scrum, Design thinking, User centricity and User innovation which all are extremely applied in ICT development. The creation of FMIPSO addresses the weak success of developed and realized innovations by scientific organizations and universities, especially relevant for multidisciplinary innovation projects that include ICT as well as other sciences. This lack of good innovation performance by scientific organizations further increases the distance and integrity of the science-business-related innovation industry. The research approach includes approbation of the FMIPSO by three interdisciplinary innovation projects from science institutions for providing proofs of its relevance and applicability.
KeywordsProject management Innovation management Lean startup Agile Management Innovation Innovation project
The paper is supported by the BG NSF Grant No KP-06-OPR01/3-2018, DM 15/4 -2017 and DM 13/4 - 2017.
- 5.Filippov, S., Mooi, H.: Innovation project management: a research agenda. J. Innov. Sustain. 1, 1–15 (2010). ISSN 2179-3565Google Scholar
- 6.Ghaben, R., Jaaron, A.: Assessing innovation practices in project management: the case of palestinian construction projects. Int. J. Innov. Sci. Res. 17(2), 451–465 (2015). ISSN 2351-8014Google Scholar
- 7.Antoniolli, P.D., Lima, C., Argoud, T., Batista de Camargo Jr, J.: Lean office applied to ict project management: autoparts company case study. IPASJ Int. J. Manage. (IIJM) 3(6), 5–20 (2015). ISSN 2321-645XGoogle Scholar
- 8.Van Lancker, J., et al.: The organizational innovation system: a systemic framework for radical innovation at the organizational level. Technovation 52, 40–50 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.technovation.2015.11.008i
- 11.Bonnie, E.: Complete Collection of Project Management Statistics (2015). https://www.wrike.com/blog/complete-collection-project-management-statistics-2015/. Accessed 01 Mar 2019
- 12.Threlfall, D.: Seven Shocking Project Management Statistics and Lessons We Should Learn (2014). https://www.teamgantt.com/blog/seven-shocking-project-management-statistics-and-lessons-we-should-learn/. Accessed 01 Mar 2019
- 18.Cantoni, V., Lombardi, L., Setti, A., Gyoshev, S., Karastoyanov, D., Stoimenov, N.: Art masterpieces accessibility for blind and visually impaired people. In: Miesenberger, K., Kouroupetroglou, G. (eds.) ICCHP 2018. LNCS, vol. 10897, pp. 267–274. Springer, Cham (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-94274-2_37CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 19.Kandeva, M., Grozdanova, T., Karastoyanov, D., Assenova, E.: Wear resistance of WC/Co HVOF-coatings and galvanic Cr coatings modified by diamond nanoparticles. In: 13th International Conference on Tribology, ROTRIB 2016 IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 174, p. 012060 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899x/174/1/012060CrossRefGoogle Scholar