This concluding chapter provides the rationale, outline, and key points of each chapter. It reflects on whether recent developments in Cuba-U.S. relations represent fundamental shifts in the relationship and in the global political economy and outlines the implications of these unfolding developments for CARICOM and Cuba-CARICOM relations. The chapter ends with some policy recommendations.
KeywordsCuba-U.S. relations Cuba-CARICOM relations Cuba agency Cuba-CARICOM relations
- Byron, Jessica. 2000. Square Dance Diplomacy: Cuba and CARIFORUM, the European Union and the United States. European Review of Latin American and Caribbean Studies 68: 23–45.Google Scholar
- Dowlat, Rhondor. 2018. Cuban Refugee Protest Grows Outside UN House. Trinidad and Tobago Guardian, November 12, 2018. Accessed March 7, 2019. http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/cuban-refugee-protest-grows-outside-un-house-6.2.713480.779528519f.
- González Núñez, Gerardo. 2002. Cuba’s Relations with the Caribbean: Trends and Future Prospects: Executive Summary. FOCAL, September. Accessed February 7, 2019. http://www.focal.ca/pdf/cuba_Gonzalez_Cuban%20relations%20Caribbean%20trends%20prospects_September%202002_RFC-02-2.pdf.
- Hussain, Nazir, and Fatima Shakoor. 2017. The Role of Leadership in Foreign Policy: A Case Study of Russia Under Vladimir Putin. IPRI Journal 17 (1): 1–25.Google Scholar
- Institute of International Relations (IIR) and University of Havana. 2015. Seminar on the Cuba and CARICOM: Challenges to Regional Development and Cooperation. Institute of International Relations, the University of the West Indies, St Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago, November 3–6, 2015.Google Scholar
- Joseph, A. Lawrence. 2013. How Soon Will Cuba Be Given the Option to Join CARICOM. Now Grenada, September 4, 2013. Accessed February 7, 2019. http://www.nowgrenada.com/2013/09/how-soon-will-cuba-be-given-the-option-to-join-caricom/.
- Kuhn, Thomas. 1970. The Structure of Scientific Revolutions. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.Google Scholar
- La Vende, Jensen. 2018. Cuban in Custody for Stabbing Wife. Trinidad and Tobago Newsday, December 2, 2018. Accessed March 7, 2019. https://newsday.co.tt/2018/12/02/cuban-in-custody-for-stabbing-wife/.
- Latin American and Caribbean Economic System (SELA). 2015. Assessment of the Economic and Cooperation Relations Between Central America, the Caribbean and Mexico. SELA. Document SP/Di No. 9–15. September.Google Scholar
- Montoute, Annita, Andy Knight, Jacqueline Laguardia Martinez, Debbie Mohammed, and Dave Seerattan. 2017. The Caribbean in the European Union-Community of Latin American and Caribbean States Partnership. Hamburg: EU–Latin America and Caribbean (EU-LAC) Foundation.Google Scholar
- Rustomjee, Cyrus. 2016. Vulnerability and Debt in Small States. CIGI Policy Brief 83 (July). Centre for International Governance Innovation. Accessed February 7, 2019. https://www.cigionline.org/sites/default/files/pb_no._83web.pdf.
- Sanders, Ronald. 2014. Cuba’s New Relationship with the US: Challenges and Chances for the Caribbean. December 25, 2014. Accessed February 7, 2019. http://www.sirronaldsanders.com/viewarticle.aspx?ID=479.
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD). 2007. ‘Structurally Weak, Vulnerable and Small Economies’: Who Are They? What Can UNCTAD Do for Them? Trade and Development Board, Fifty-Fourth Session, Geneva, Switzerland, October 1–11, 2007. Accessed February 7, 2019. https://unctad.org/en/Docs/tdb54crp4_en.pdf.
- Whitefield, Mimi. 2015. Emerging Cuba Worries Caribbean. Miami Herald, November 30, 2015. Accessed April 24, 2017. http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nationworld/world/americas/cuba/article47182355.html.