Design and Optimization of a Walking Over-Constrained Mechanism
In this paper, a walking overconstrained mechanism with one DoF is presented. Firstly, its dimensional parameters and geometry are shown and a step profile which is wanted to be followed by end point of the walking mechanism is proposed. Kinematic equations of the walking mechanism are extracted to use them later as constraints for Firefly Algorithm. Algorithm is run in get the optimized dimensional parameters to provide the desired step profile. Results are presented.
Keywordswalking mechanism dimensional synthesis over constrained
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Jansen T.: The Great Pretender. Uitgeverij. (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Amanda G.: Design and Optimization of a Crank-Based Leg Mechanism, Pomona College (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Klann C.: Walking device. U.S. Patent No. 6,478,314. (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Al-Araidah O., Batayneh W., Darabseh T. and BaniHani M: Conceptual Design of a Single DOF Human-Like Eight-Bar Leg Mechanism. Jordan Journal of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, 5-4, 285 – 289 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Shunsuke N., Mohan Rajesh E. and Masami I.: Dynamic Analysis and Modeling of Jansen Mechanism. International Conference on Design and Manufacturing, 64, 1562-1571 (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Selvi, O. (2012). Structural and kinematic synthesis of overconstrained mechanisms. PhD Thesis in Mechanical Engineering, İzmir Institute of TechnologyGoogle Scholar
- 10.Yang X.: Nature-inspired metaheuristic algorithms. Luniver press, 2010.Google Scholar
- 11.Selvi, Özgün, and Samet Yavuz. “Design and Dimensional Optimiza-tion of a Novel Walking Mechanism with Firefly Algorithm.” Interna-tional Workshop on Computational Kinematics. Springer, Cham, 2017.Google Scholar
- 12.Bennett, G. T. (1905). LXXVII. The parallel motion of Sarrut and some allied mechanisms. The London, Edinburgh, and Dublin Philosophical Magazine and Journal of Science, 9(54), 803-810.Google Scholar