Gateway Points on Scara Parallel Robots. Ultrafast Pick and Place Operations
This paper presents Gateway Configuration as a new concept for fast operation of a Scara parallel robot with low energy consumption. The mechanism and its kinematic problem are presented together with dynamics model. The control scheme presented consist on a conventional PID and a pre-feedforward term. For a specific trajectory we have compared the results of a conventional configuration and two gateway ones. The simulated results demonstrate that Gateway Configurations provide a high-quality end-effector position tracking with a very low energy consumption. Although results are presented for a particular trajectory, in the case of a Scara parallel robot multiple trajectories can be found in terms of Jacobian matrix and elbows mechanism distance. The results presented here allow to design an ultrafast manipulator for pick and place operations.
KeywordsGateway configuration Scara robot Parallel robot Pick and Place
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Merlet, J. P. (2006). Parallel robots (Vol. 128). Springer Science & Business Media.Google Scholar
- 2.Hodgins, J. (2018). H-Delta: design and applications of a novel 5 degree of freedom paral-lel robot (Doctoral dissertation).Google Scholar
- 3.Pierrot, F., Reynaud, C., & Fournier, A. (1990). DELTA: a simple and efficient parallel robot. Robotica, 8(2), 105-109.Google Scholar
- 4.Brinker, J., & Corves, B. (2015, November). A survey on parallel robots with delta-like ar-chitecture. In Proceedings of the 14th IFToMM World Congress (pp. 407-414).Google Scholar
- 5.Bourbonnais, F., Bigras, P., & Bonev, I. A. (2015). Minimum-time trajectory planning and control of a pick-and-place five-bar parallel robot. IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mecha-tronics, 20(2), 740-749.Google Scholar
- 6.Ghosal, A. (2006). Robotics: fundamental concepts and analysis. Oxford university press.Google Scholar
- 7.Yiu, Y. K., Cheng, H., Xiong, Z. H., Liu, G. F., & Li, Z. X. (2001). On the dynamics of parallel manipulators. In Proceedings 2001 ICRA. IEEE International Conference on Ro-botics and Automation (Cat. No. 01CH37164) (Vol. 4, pp. 3766-3771). IEEE.Google Scholar
- 8.Dormand, J. R., & Prince, P. J. (1980). A family of embedded Runge-Kutta formulae. Journal of computational and applied mathematics, 6(1), 19-26.Google Scholar
- 9.Feliu, V., Castillo, F. J., Ramos, F., & Somolinos, J. A. (2012). Robust tip trajectory track-ing of a very lightweight single-link flexible arm in presence of large payload changes. Mechatronics, 22(5), 594-613.Google Scholar
- 10.Gonzalez-Rodriguez, A., Castillo-Garcia, F. J., Ottaviano, E., Rea, P., & Gonzalez-Rodriguez, A. G. (2017). On the effects of the design of cable-Driven robots on kinematics and dynamics models accuracy. Mechatronics, 43, 18-27.Google Scholar
- 11.Rodriguez-Rosa, D., Payo-Gutierrez, I., Castillo-Garcia, F. J., Gonzalez-Rodriguez, A., & Perez-Juarez, S. (2017). Improving Energy Efficiency of an Autonomous Bicycle with Adaptive Controller Design. Sustainability, 9(5), 866.Google Scholar