Dual-quaternion on simple scissor-like elements
Assembles of scissor-like elements have plenty of links and joints leading into complex kinematic analysis. By using dual-quaternions in this paper is presented a novel approach to deal with. Forward, inverse kinematics analysis is developed on simple scissor-like element assembles. Aiming to improve the computational efficiency, dual-quaternion exponentiation is applied too. The various steps to compute the work-space, by using an algorithm, are discussed. Finallly, a numerical example is presented where is applied this novel approach.
Keywordscomputational kinematics dual-quaternion scissor-like element
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This research was supported by the Ecuadorian Council of Science Technology and Innovation (SENESCYT) and by the Coordination for the Improvement of Higher Education Personne (CAPES).
- 1.Aydın, Y., and Kucuk, S. (2006, July). Quaternion based inverse kinematics for industrial robot manipulators with Euler wrist. In IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics, vol. July (pp. 3-5).Google Scholar
- 2.Casement, S., Flannery, M., Glassman, T., Lo, A. (2012, September). Starshade design driven by stray light from edge scatter. In Space Telescopes and Instrumentation 2012: Optical, Infrared, and Millimeter Wave (Vol. 8442, p. 84424H). International Society for Optics and Photonics.Google Scholar
- 4.Farrugia, Pierre. (2008). Kinematic analysis of foldable structures. Doctoral dissertation. University of Surrey (United Kingdom).Google Scholar
- 6.Radavelli, L. A., Martins, D., De Pieri, E. R., and Simoni, R. (2015). Cinemática posicional de robôs via iteração e quatérnios. Proceeding Series of the Brazilian Society of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 3(1).Google Scholar
- 7.Radavelli, L., Simoni, R., De Pieri, E., and Martins, D. (2012). A comparative study of the kinematics of robots manipulators by Denavit-Hartenberg and dual quaternion. Mecánica Computacional, Multi-Body Systems, 31(15), 2833-2848.Google Scholar
- 8.Radavelli, L. A., De Pieri, E. R., Martins, D., and Simoni, R. (2014). A screw dual quaternion operator for serial robot kinematics. Proceedings of PACAM XIV, Santiago, 27-38.Google Scholar
- 10.You, Z., and Chen, Y. (2014). Motion structures: deployable structural assemblies of mechanisms. Crc Press.Google Scholar