Analysis of the effect of different friction models on the dynamic response of a rotor rubbing the housing
This work presents the comparison of three friction models for the analysis of a rotor hitting the housing. The analytical solution are compared with experimental measurements of the friction force. The measurements are taken form a test rig that represents a rotor fractioning the housing. All the data were analyzed using the Continuous Wavelet Transform, the phase plane and the Recurrence Plot. The three models provided different solutions, and they represents parts of the phenomenon. The models represent the friction but the dynamic response is unable to predict the behaviour observed in the field.
KeywordsFriction Models Recurrence Plot Rotor Rubbing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. D. Dimarogonas, S. A. Paipetis, and T. G. Chondros, “Analytical Methods in Rotor Dynamics,” in Analytical Methods in Rotor Dynamics, vol. 9, A. D. Dimarogonas, S. A. Paipetis, and T. G. Chondros, Eds. Springer Netherlands, 2013, pp. 115–143.Google Scholar
- M. Golebiowski, N. Rainer, and E. Knopf, “Proceedings of the 9th IFToMM international conference on rotor dynamics,” in Proceedings of the 9th IFToMM international conference on rotor dynamics, 2015, vol. 21, pp. 2267–2281.Google Scholar
- A. Muszynska, Rotordynamics. Boca Raton: CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 2005.Google Scholar
- P. Goldman, A. Muszynska, and D. E. Bently, “Due Rotor-to-Stator,” vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 91–100, 2000.Google Scholar
- P. Varney and I. Green, “Response to Comments on: ‘Nonlinear phenomena, bifurcations, and routes to chaos in an asymmetrically supported rotor-stator contact system’ by Philip Varney, Itzhak Green [J. Sound Vib. 336 (2015) 207-226],” J. Sound Vib., vol. 409, pp. 343–346, 2017.Google Scholar
- D. W. Childs and D. Kumar, “Gt2011-45081,” in Proceedings of ASME Turbo Expo 2011, 2011, pp. 1–12.Google Scholar
- P. Pennacchi and A. Vania, “Analysis of rotor-to-stator rub in a large steam turbogenerator,” Int. J. Rotating Mach., vol. 2007, 2007.Google Scholar
- J. C. Jauregui, Parameter Identification and Monitoring of Mechanical Systems Under Nonlinear Vibration, 1st ed. Cambridge: Elsevier Woodhead Publishing, 2014.Google Scholar
- J. C. Jauregui and O. Gonzalez, Mechanical Vibrations of Discontinuous Systems, 1st ed. New York: Nova Publishers, 2009.Google Scholar
- J. C. Jauregui, J. A. Saenz, G. E. Aviation, and C. A. Gonzalez, “Evaluation of Friction Models for Rotor-Rubbing Predictions,” in Proceedings of ASME Turbo Expo 2018: Turbomachinery Technical Conference and Exposition, 2018, pp. 1–10.Google Scholar