Application of qualitative and quantitative methods of analysis in designing research into the vibrations of an oscillator forced by a random series of impulses
The paper describes the changes that take place in an oscillator with damping, whose vibrations were forced by a random series of impulses. The idea of application of the qualitative and quantitative methods of analysis for solving the problems that occur in mechanical engineering has been presented. Qualitative methods were used to design simulation and experimental studies verifying the stochastic model. Quantitative methods were applied to solve a reverse problem which consisted in finding the distributions of the values of impulses forcing the vibrations of the oscillator.
Keywordsstochastic mechanics random vibration inverse problem design an experiment a random series of impulses qualitative method of analysis quantitative methods of analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Jablonski, M., Ozga, A.. Distribution of Random Pulses Acting on a Vibrating System as a Function of Its Motion. Krakow: Agh-Univ Sci & Technol (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Jia, B. Y., Chen, Z., Yu, X. L., & Yan, Q. S. Analysis Of Pedestrian-Induced Lateral Vibration Of A Footbridge That Considers Feedback Adjustment And Time Delay. Journal of Mechanics of Materials and Structures, 12(5), 617-632 (2017).Google Scholar
- 4.Manka, M., Rosiek, M., Martowicz, A., Stepinski, T., Uhl, T. Lamb wave transducers made of piezoelectric macro-fiber composite. Structural Control & Health Monitoring, 20(8), 1138-1158. doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/stc.1523(2013).
- 6.Ozga, A. Optimization of Parameters for a Damped Oscillator Excited by a Sequence of Random Pulses. Archives of Acoustics, 39(4), 645-652. doi: https://doi.org/10.2478/aoa-2014-0070 (2014).
- 8.Ren, F. S., Wang, B. J., Chen, S. L., Yao, Z. G., & Bai, B. J. Nonlinear Model and Qualitative Analysis for Coupled Axial/Torsional Vibrations of Drill String. Shock and Vibration, 17. doi: https://doi.org/10.1155/2016/1646814(2016).
- 9.Rosiek, M., Martowicz, A., Uhl, T. Uncertainty and sensitivity analysis of Electro-Mechanical Impedance based SHM system 9th World Congress on Computational Mechanics/4th Asian Pacific Congress on Computational Mechanics (Vol. 10). Sydney, AUSTRALIA (2010).Google Scholar
- 10.Rossikhin, Y. A., Shitikova, M. V. Analysis Of Nonlinear Free-Vibrations Of Suspension Bridges. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 186(3), 369-393. doi: https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.1995.0457(1995)
- 12.Uhl, T., Martowicz, A., Codreanu, I., Klepka, A. Analysis of uncertainties in MEMS and their influence on dynamic properties. Archives of Mechanics, 61(5), 349-370(2009).Google Scholar