The Method of Finding the Optimal Spindle Speed When Milling Flexible Details
The paper presents a new method of vibration reduction during milling of flexible details. The method consists in selecting the optimal spindle speed, based on the natural frequency of the workpiece. For this purpose, an original method was created, which is based on minimizing the work of cutting forces in the direction of the depth of cutting. The effectiveness of the method has been proved by comparing the RMS values of vibration displacements in the time-domain obtained during experimental research.
KeywordsMilling Vibration Reduction Optimal Spindle Speed Flexible Details
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Tomków J.: Vibrostability of Machine Tools. The Scientific and Technical Publication, Warsaw, Poland (1997). In polish.Google Scholar
- 4.Parus A., Pajor M., Hoffmann M.: Suppression of Self-Excited Vibration in Cutting Process Using Piezoelectric and Electromagnetic Actuators. Advances in Manufacturing Science and Technology 33, 35-50 (2009).Google Scholar
- 7.Liao Y. S., Young Y. C.: A New On-line Spindle Speed Regulation Strategy for Chatter Control. International Journal of Machine Tools & Manufacture 35 (6), 651–660 (1996).Google Scholar
- 8.Kaliński K. J.: A Surveillance of Dynamic Processes in Mechanical Systems. The Publication of Gdańsk University of Technology, Gdańsk, Poland (2012). In polish.Google Scholar
- 9.Kaliński K. J., Galewski M. A., Mazur M. R., Morawska N.: Optimizing the clamping pressure of the flexible workpiece during milling. In: Mechatronic Design. Chosen Problems. Editor: Mańka M., Kraków, Poland 57-65 (2018). In Polish.Google Scholar
- 10.Kaliński K. J., Kowalska B.: A Method of Calculating the Optimal Spindle Speed During Milling Flexible Details. In: Mechatronic Design. Chosen Problems. Editor: Mańka M., Kraków, Poland 67-74 (2018). In Polish.Google Scholar