THEDI – The First Online Editor for the IFToMM Dictionary
This paper describes the Thesaurus Concept Editor (Thedi) implemented as a part of the Digital Mechanism and Gear Library (DMG-Lib), a digital library containing information about mechanisms and gears. Thedi is introduced as new working environment for the IFToMM Permanent Commission (PC) for Standardization of Terminology. This allows the PC to work more effective and comprehensible on the IFToMM dictionary . From the user’s point of view the new possibilities concerning the support of more than four languages, the links to occurrences and the shorter release cycles (or even instant updates) make the IFToMM dictionary more valuable.
KeywordsStandardization of terminology IFToMM dictionary Thesaurus and Online editor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.IFToMM dictionaries online, http://iftomm-terminology.antonkb.nl, last accessed 2019/03/10.
- 2.T. Brix, U. Döring, J.-C. Fauroux, “Web-based maintenance and enhancement of the IFToMM dictionary and its use for the information retrieval in DMG-Lib” in “Proceedings of the 14th IFToMM World Congress, Standardization of Terminology”, Taipei, Taiwan (2015). Permanent-Link: http://www.dmg-lib.org/dmglib/handler?docum=43018009, last accessed 2019/03/10.
- 3.Website: “Digitale Mechanismen- und Getriebebibliothek” (DMG-Lib), http://www.dmglib.org, last accessed 2019/03/10.
- 4.Website: Publications about the thinkMOTION project, http://www.thinkmotion.eu/?page_id=153, last accessed 2019/03/10.
- 5.Döring, Ulf; Brix, Torsten; Corves, Burkhard, “Suggestion for a More Productive Workflow and Infrastructure of the Permanent Commission on Standardization of Terminology” in “Proceedings of 23rd Working Meeting of the IFToMM Permanent Commission for Standardization of Terminology on MMS”, Minsk-Gomel, Belarus (2010). Permanent-Link: http://www.dmg-lib.org/dmglib/handler?docum=10677009, last accessed 2019/03/10.