3D FE modelling of non-linear dynamics of bladed model disk with dry-friction contacts in tie-bosses
The numerical solution of the turbine bladed wheel with tie-bosses based on 3D finite element method with surface to surface dry friction contact model is proposed. The Augmented Lagrangian method was used to compute contact normal pressures and friction stresses. The friction coupling was modeled by the Isotropic Coulomb’s law. To validate the numerical results, the experimental set-up for studying dynamical behavior of the bladed wheel with pre-stressed dry-friction contacts in tie-bosses was built. Both experimental and numerical solutions of the non-linear dynamics of bladed wheel with tie-bosses are described. Comparison of experimental and numerical results of dynamical behavior and damping estimation of our bladed wheel design yielded a reasonable agreement. However, the non-linear solution due to dry friction contacts leads to high performance computations and still long computation times.
KeywordsBladed wheel dry-friction contacts damping tie-boss couplings
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work was supported by the research project of the Czech Science Foundation No. 16-04546S “Aero-elastic couplings and dynamic behaviour of rotational periodic bodies”. ”. The HPC calculations was supported by The Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports from the Large Infrastructures for Research, Experimental Development and Innovations project „IT4Innovations National Super-computing Center – LM2015070“
- 1.Bachschmid N., Bistolfi S., Ferrante M., Pennacchi P. (2011) An investigation on the dynamic behavior of blades coupled by shroud contacts, Proc. of SIRM 2011, pp. 1-10, Darmstadt, GermanyGoogle Scholar
- 4.Yamashita Y., Shiohata K., Kudo T., Yoda H. (2012) Vibration characteristics of a continuous cover blade structure with friction contact surfaces of a steam turbine. Proc of 10th VIRM, pp. 323-332, London, UKGoogle Scholar
- 6.Pešek, L., Půst, L., Bula, V., Cibulka, J. (2013) Investigation of dry friction effect of shroud damping wire on model test bladed wheel, Proc of ASME IDETC/CIE 2013, Article number DETC2013-12851, Portland, USA, pages 7Google Scholar
- 10.Pešek, L., Půst, L., Bula, V., Cibulka, J. (2017) Numerical analysis of dry friction damping effect of tie-boss couplings on three blade bundle, Proc of ASME IDETC/CIE 2017, Cleveland, USA, pages 7Google Scholar
- 11.Pešek, L., Půst, L., Šulc, P., Šnábl, P., Bula, V. (2019) Stiffening Effect and Dry-Friction Damping of Bladed Wheel Model with “Tie-Boss” Couplings - Numerical and Experimental Investigation, Book chapter of Mechanisms and Machine Science, 62, pp. 148-162.Google Scholar
- 12.https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-99270-9_11Pešek, L., Půst, L., V. Bula, J. Cibulka: Laboratory Tip-Timing Optical Measurement System of Rotating Blade Vibrations. Journal of Vibration Engineering & Technologies. 6 (4), (2018), pp. 273-279.