Extended Model of Automatic Balancer for Washing Machine
This paper presents dynamic analyses of a front load Samsung Washing Machine conducted as a simplified dynamic model of two degrees of freedom. An automatic balancer method is implemented which utilizes freely moving balancing bodies rotating with the drum to reduce the system vibration. The vibration of the drum caused by the imbalance mass attached to the rotating unit is examined. The equations of motion of the washing machine drum and balancing bodies are derived. Dynamic analyses of the models with different factors that can decrease the efficiency are performed. Each of these factors is studied and their influence on the magnitude of balancing body position errors is determined. Consequently, the efficiency of this self-balancing method is presented and finally, the general conclusion is put forward.
KeywordsVibrations Washing machine Dynamics Auto-Balancing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Thearle, E.L.: Automatic Dynamic Balancers. Machine Design. No. 9, No. 10 and No. 11 (1950).Google Scholar
- 2.T. Majewski: Comparison of two compensation methods for the dynamic forces in a washing machine. Machine Dynamics Problems, No. 2010/34/1, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland, 2011, pp.54-64, ISSN: 2080-9948Google Scholar
- 4.M. Meraz, T. Majewski: Compensación Automática de Fuerzas Dinámicas en Sistema Rotatorios. Automatic Compensation of Dynamical Forces in Rotating Systems. Computación y Sistemas. 2010, Vol. 13, No. 3, p-p 345-360Google Scholar
- 5.BuŚkiewicz, J., Pittner, G., & Barczewski, R.: Numerical and Experimental Vibration Analysis of a Domestic Washing Machine Drum. Journal of Applied Mechanics and Engineering, (2012).Google Scholar
- 6.Papadopoulos, E., & Papadimitriou, L.: Modeling, Design and Control of a Portable Washing Machine During the spinning cycle. International Conference on Advance Intelligent Mechatronics systems, 8(11), 899-904 (2001).Google Scholar
- 7.Nygårds, T., & Berbyuk, V.: Multibody Modeling and Vibration Dynamics analysis of Washing Machines. Multibody System Dynamics, 27, 197-238 (2012).Google Scholar