Study on the equilibrium of the assembling two-unit tensegrity structure
When the tensegrity units are assembled into the complex tensegrity structures, relations between structural and force parameters determine equilibrium of the tensegrity structures and contribute to more topological configurations, so the relations will be investigated here. Firstly, equilibrium equations of the tensegrity structure which two tensegrity units are assembled into are set up. Then analytical solutions of the equations are obtained by solving the equilibrium equations. Finally, with the analytical solutions, influences of the deflection angle inside the unit and number of the bars on other parameters are investigated.
KeywordsTensegrity structures Tensegrity unit Equilibrium equations Analytical solutions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This paper is funded by the International Exchange Programof Harbin Engineering University for Innovation-oriented Talents Cultivation.
The authors gratefully acknowledge the contribution of National Natural Science Fund of China (Grant Number 51605111, 51875111, 51675114).
- 1.A.N. Luo, L.K. Wang, H.P. Liu, Y.Y. Wang, Q.H. Li and X. Li (2016). Analysis of con-figuration and structural stability of 3-bar tensegrity prism. Journal of harbin institute of technology 48:82-87.Google Scholar
- 2.A.N. Luo, H.P. Liu, Y.X. Liu (2016). Analyzing the driving method for the ball tensegrity robot. 2016 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO) 12.Google Scholar
- 3.C. Sultan (2009). Tensegrity: 60 years of art, science, and engineering. Advances in applied mechanics 43:69-145.Google Scholar
- 6.M. Schenk, J. L. Herber, S.D. Guest (2006). Design of a statically balanced tensegrity mechanism. ASME 2006 International Design Engineering Technical Conference & Computers and Information in Engineering Conference, Pennsylvania, USA 9.Google Scholar
- 8.J.Y. Zhang and M. Ohsaki (2015). Tensegrity Structures: Form, Stability, and Symmetry. Springer.Google Scholar
- 9.Ruiwei Liu, Hongwei Guo, Rongqiang Liu (2017). Shape accuracy optimization for cable-rib tension deployable antenna structure with tensioned cables. Acta Astronautics 140.Google Scholar