Proposal of a Harmonic Bees Algorithm for Design Optimization of a Gripper Mechanism
In this paper, a new optimization algorithm is proposed, which is called Harmonic Bees Algorithm (HBA). The procedure of HBA is proposed and applied to gripper mechanism optimization case study. The gripper design is optimized using HBA and the results are compared to both the Bees Algorithm (BA) and the Non-Dominated Sorting Genetic Algorithm version II (NSGA-II). The superiority of HBA is illustrated and analyzed based on the results in figures and tables. A sensitivity analysis using correlation test is executed. The effectiveness coefficients of design variable for the objectives are provided. Consequently, the effectual design variables and the genuine searching method of HBA are clearly evaluated and discussed. The HBA provides the most crowded Pareto Front population for solution in the shortest duration. Therefore, the best solutions are selected based on the closest solutions to the fitted curve.
KeywordsHarmonic Algorithm The bees Algorithm NSGA II
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Andreas Wolf, R.S., Henrik Shunk, Grippers in Motion, ed. Springer. 2005, Italy.Google Scholar
- 2.Garet J. Monkman, S.H., Ralf Steinmann, Henrik Schunk, Robot Grippers. 2007, Germany: WILEY-VCH.Google Scholar
- 5.Ciocarlie, M., F.M. Hicks, and S. Stanford. Kinetic and dimensional optimization for a ten-don-driven gripper. in Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2013 IEEE International Conference on. 2013. IEEE.Google Scholar
- 6.Heidari, H., et al., Design and Fabrication of Robotic Gripper for Grasping in Minimizing Contact Force. Advances in Space Research, 2017.Google Scholar
- 8.Doush, I.A., M.Q. Bataineh, and M. El-Abd. The Hybrid Framework for Multi-objective Evolutionary Optimization Based on Harmony Search Algorithm. in First International Conference on Real Time Intelligent Systems. 2017. Springer.Google Scholar
- 10.Dao, T.-P., S.-C. Huang, and N. Le Chau, Robust parameter design for a compliant mi-crogripper based on hybrid Taguchi-differential evolution algorithm. Microsystem Tech-nologies, 2018. 24(3): p. 1461-1477.Google Scholar
- 11.Arif Şen, M., M. Tinkir, and M. Kalyoncu, Optimisation of a PID controller for a two-floor structure under earthquake excitation based on the bees algorithm. Journal of Low Fre-quency Noise, Vibration and Active Control, 2018: p. 1461348418757906.Google Scholar
- 12.Haj Darwish, A., A. Joukhadar, and M. Kashkash, Using the bees algorithm for wheeled mobile robot path planning in an indoor dynamic environment. Cogent Engineering, 2018(just-accepted): p. 1426539.Google Scholar
- 13.Pham, D., et al. The bees algorithm-A novel tool for complex optimisation. in Intelligent Production Machines and Systems-2nd I* PROMS Virtual International Conference (3-14 July 2006). 2011. Sn.Google Scholar
- 14.Pham, D.T. and M. Castellani, A comparative study of the Bees Algorithm as a tool for function optimisation. Cogent Engineering, 2015. 2(1): p. 1091540.Google Scholar
- 15.Pham, D. and M. Kalyoncu. Optimisation of a fuzzy logic controller for a flexible single-link robot arm using the Bees Algorithm. in Industrial Informatics, 2009. INDIN 2009. 7th IEEE International Conference on. 2009. IEEE.Google Scholar