A Probability Way on Kinematic Positioning Error of Manipulator Caused by Joint Clearance
This paper builds a kinematic model for the end-effector positioning error of manipulator with account of joint clearance and then presents a probabilistic approach for evaluating the error characteristics. This probabilistic approach, in which the Monte Carlo simulation is applied, can not only obtain the maximum deviation of the positioning error but also get the error distribution and its numerical features. Then comprehensive approach coupled with the deterministic way and the probability way is proposed to give a better consideration for both the main influence factors and other uncertain items. Case study illustrates the probability evaluation method. The work will provide a new approach for industrial robot design, which takes the accuracy and manufacturing cost into account.
Keywordsjoint clearance probabilistic approach end positioning error industrial robot
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. U1808213).
- 3.Flores, P.: Dynamic Analysis of Mechanical Systems with Imperfect Kinematic Joints, Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Minho, Guimarães, Portugal,2004.Google Scholar
- 4.Innocenti, C.: Kinematic Clearance Sensitivity Analysis of Spatial Structures with Revolute Joints, ASME, Design Engineering Technical Conference, Paper DETC98/DAC-8679, 1999.Google Scholar
- 5.Jawale, H. P., Thorat, H. T.: Investigation of Positional Error in Two Degree of Freedom Mechanism With Joint Clearance, ASME, J. Mech. Rob. 2012.Google Scholar
- 6.Laiming,C., Chan Kuei Y.: Minimal deviation paths for manipulators with joint clearances, ASME, Mechanisms and Robotics Conference pp. V05BT08A058, 2014.Google Scholar
- 7.Megahed, S.M., Haroun, A.F.: Study of the dynamic performance of mechanical systems with multi-clearance joints, ASME, IMECE November 12-18, 2010.Google Scholar
- 8.Nicolas B., Philippe C., Stéphane C.: The kinematic sensitivity of robotic manipulators to joint clearances, ASME, Computers and Information in Engineering Conference, 2010.Google Scholar
- 9.Selçuk., Erkaya.: Trajectory optimization of a walking mechanism having revolute joints with clearance using anfis approach, Nonlinear Dynamics, 71(1-2):75–91, 2013.Google Scholar
- 11.Sony, C., Paulo, F. H., Hamid, M. L.: Computational and Experimental analysis of mechanical systems with revolute clearance joints, ASME, IDETC/CIE 2013 August 4-7, 2013.Google Scholar
- 12.Stefano, V., Vincenzo, P. C.: A New Technique for Clearance Influence Analysis in Spatial Mechanisms, ASME J. Mech. Rob. Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 2002.Google Scholar
- 17.Slocum, Alexander H.: Mechanisms to determine position and orientation in space. U.S. Patent No. 4,676,002. 30 Jun. 1987.Google Scholar
- 18.Slocum, Alexander H.: Micromanipulator system. U.S. Patent No. 4694230. 15 Sep. 1987.Google Scholar