Design and Development of Compact Ceramics Reinforced Pump with Low Internal Leakage for Electro-Hydrostatic Actuated Robots
In this paper, we developed a compact pump reinforced by ceramics structure. In order to reduce the internal leakage, we developed a ceramics reinforcer for the pump-casing to suppress the deformation of the casing under high pressure, and devised the structure using bearing balls which can adjust the gap between the gear and the casing precisely. To evaluate the internal leakage, we used the internal leakage resistance which indicate the difficulty of internal leakage. Internal leakage resistance of developed pump is 3.39 × 1013Pa·s/m3 which means that the internal leakage loss of developed pump is 1/2.8 times that of previously developed pump.
Keywordshydraulic EHA pump ceramics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Pratt, G.A., Williamson, M.M.: Series elastic actuators. in Proceedings 1995 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems. Human Robot Interaction and Cooperative Robots. vol.1, pp.399-406, 5-9 Aug, 1995, Pittsburgh, PA, USA. https://doi.org/10.1109/iros.1995.525827
- 3.Kaminaga, H., Ko, T., Masumura, R., Komagata, M., Sato, S., Yorita, S., Nakamura, Y.: Mechanism and Control of Whole-Body Electro-Hydrostatic Actuator Driven Humanoid Robot Hydra, International Symposium on Experimental Robotics, No.57, 3-6 October, 2016, Tokyo, Japan. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-50115-4_57Google Scholar
- 4.Kaminaga, H., Ko, T., Yorita, S., Sato, S., Masumura, R., Komagata, M., Ishikawa, T., Miyatake, T., Nakamura, Y.: Enhancement of Mechanical Strength, Computational Power, and Heat Management for Fieldwork Humanoid Robots, 16th IEEE RAS International Conference on Humanoid Robots, pp.786-793, 15-27 November, 2016, Cancun, Mexico. https://doi.org/10.1109/humanoids.2016.7803363
- 5.Komagata, M., Ko, T., Nakamura, Y.: Small Size Hydraulic Pumps with Low Heat Generation for Electro Hydrostatic Actuation of Humanoid Robots, in Proceedings of IEEE-RAS International Conference on Humanoid Robots, pp.483-488, 6-9 November, 2018, Beijing, China.Google Scholar
- 6.Navarro, R.: Performance of an Electro-Hydrostatic Actuator on the F-18 Systems Research Aircraft, December, 1997.Google Scholar
- 7.ISO 3290-1:2014, Rolling bearings – Balls – Part 1: Steel balls.Google Scholar