Kinematics and Workspace of a Spherical Engraving Machine with the RPR/RRPR Parallel Configuration
A spherical engraving machine based on RPR/RRPR spherical parallel mechanism (SPM) is presented. The mathematical model of the RPR/RRPR SPM is established. The forward kinematics and inverse kinematics of the SPM are analyzed. The reachable workspaces of the output reference point of the SPM are solved based on the kinematic analysis and Matlab software. The variation of the reachable workspace under reconfiguration is analyzed. A spherical engraving machine is designed based on the RPR/RRPR spherical parallel configuration for engraving patterns on spherical surfaces of variable diameters.
KeywordsSpherical engraving machine RPR/RRPR Spherical parallel mechanism (SPM) Forward and inverse kinematics Workspace
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This research was funded by the Key Research and Development Program of Shanxi Province of China (Grant Nos. 201803D421027, 201803D421028) and the Foundation of Shanxi Key Laboratory of Advanced Manufacturing Technology of China (Grant No. XJZZ201702).
- 1.Li R Q, Guo W Z. Research progress on theory and application of modern mechanisms, Beijing: Higher Education Press, 2014. (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- 2.Lin R F, Guo W Z, Gao F. Type synthesis of a family of 3-DOF spherical parallel mechanisms using upper-lower combination and axis movement theorem. In: Advances in Reconfigurable Mechanisms and Robots II. Mechanisms and Machine Science, Springer, Cham, vol. 36: 315-326 (2016).Google Scholar
- 3.Yang J Y, Liu Y F, Xu L J, et al. Topological type synthesis of parallel spherical mechanisms based upon spherical four-bar loop. Machine Design and Research, 32(6): 17-20 (2016). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 5.Li D L, Zhang Z H, Li H. Forward displacement analysis of a 3-RPR spherical parallel mechanism. P I Mech Eng C-J Mec, 227(8): 1864-1869 (2013).Google Scholar
- 11.Zhang T C, Li B, Wang D X, et al. Kinematic analysis and its applications of a novel spherical parallel manipulator. IEEE Int Conf on Robotics and Biomimetics, Qingdao, China, Dec. 3-7, 2016: 1309-1312.Google Scholar
- 12.Vulliez M, Saafi H, Zeghloul S. A real-time serial approach for solving the forward kinematic model of spherical parallel manipulators. In: Advances in Robot Design and Intelligent Control. In: Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Springer, Cham, vol. 540: 128-135 (2017).Google Scholar
- 15.Jelassi A, Chaker A, Mlika A. 3-RRR spherical parallel robot optimization with minimum of singularities. In: Computational Kinematics. Mechanisms and Machine Science, Springer, Cham, vol. 50: 299-306 (2018)Google Scholar
- 16.Li R Q, Zhao J W, Fan D B, et al. Design and workspace analysis of reconfigurable 3-RPRP spherical parallel mechanisms. IEEE/IFToMM Int Conf on Reconfigurable Mechanisms and Robots (ReMAR), Delft, Netherlands, June 20-22, 2018.Google Scholar
- 18.Arrouk K, Bouzgarrou B C, Gogu G. On the workspace representation and determination of spherical parallel robotic manipulators. In: New Trends in Mechanism and Machine Science. Mechanisms and Machine Science, Springer, Cham, vol. 43: 131-139 (2017).Google Scholar