Simplified Method for Humanoid Robot Gait Generation
This paper presents the new version of gait planning algorithm for humanoid robot. Gait with variable step length was considered. The method delivers the joint trajectories for given trajectory of the Zero Moment Point. The Preview Control concept was used. Results were obtained in simulations and were verified on the hardware. The algorithm was tested on planar 6 Degrees of Freedom humanoid robot. Robot performed defined number of steps without loosing its balance.
Keywordsgait generation variable length step Preview Control humanoid robot
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Sovero S.E., Saglam C.O., Byl, K.: Passive frontal plane coupling in 3D walking. Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, 1605-1611 (2015).Google Scholar
- 4.Kajita S., Kanehiro F., Kaneko K., Fujiwara K., Harada K., Yokoi K., Hirukawa H.: Biped walking pattern generation by using preview control of zero-moment point. Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, 1620-1626 (2003).Google Scholar
- 5.N. Scianca, M. Cognetti, D. De Simone, L. Lanari, G. Oriolo: Intrinsically stable MPC for humanoid gait generation. Proc. of IEEE-RAS 16th International Conference on Humanoid Robots (Humanoids), 601-606 (2016).Google Scholar
- 7.Szumowski M., Żurawska M., Zielińska T.: ZMP Preview Control Method Application for Humanoid Robot (in Polish), Advances of Robotics (Postepy Robotyki) Vol. 196, 209-218 (2018)Google Scholar
- 8.Kajita S., Kanehiro F., Kaneko K., Yokoi K., Hirukawa H.: The 3D linear inverted pendulum mode: A simple modeling for a biped walking pattern generation. Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Vol. 1, 239-240 (2001).Google Scholar
- 10.K. Nishiwaki, S. Kagami: Simultaneous Planning of CoM and ZMP based on the Preview Control Method for Online Walking Control. In Proc. of 11th IEEE-RAS International Conference on Humanoid Robots, Vol. 01 No. 01, 26-28 (2011)Google Scholar