Kinematic analysis of a novel planar six-bar bionic leg
A novel planar six-bar bionic leg is proposed in this paper. The motion equation of this bionic leg is derived fast and conveniently according to the modeling of Assur group and then the trajectory of the foot point of the bionic leg is obtained. Compared with Theo Jansen linkage, the motion characteristics of this leg are evaluated from two aspects: step length and step height of the foot point trajectory. The results show that this novel planar six-bar bionic mechanism still has good motion characteristics under the condition of fewer linkages. Finally, a prototype of an eight-legged bionic walking vehicle is designed.
Keywordsbionic leg Jansen Linkage Structural Design Kinematic Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Carbone G, Ceccarelli M. Legged robotic systems. Cutting Edge Robotics, 553–576 (2005).Google Scholar
- 3.Jansen T. Theo Jansen: The Great Pretender. Nai010 Publishers, Rotterdam (2007).Google Scholar
- 4.Komoda K, Wagatsuma H. A study of availability and extensibility of Theo Jansen mechanism toward climbing over bumps. The 21st Annual Conference of the Japanese Neural Network Society, December, pp.3–28 (2011).Google Scholar
- 7.Lokhande N G, Emche V B. Mechanical Spider by Using Klann Mechanism. International Journal of Mobile Computing and Applications, 1(5), 13–16 (2013).Google Scholar
- 8.Parekh B J, Thakkar P N, Tambe M N. Design and analysis of theo Jansen’s mechanism based sports ground (pitch) marking robot. 2014 Annual IEEE India Conference (INDICON), pp.1–5 (2014).Google Scholar
- 10.Pop F, Lovasz E C, Pop C, et al. Dimensional synthesis of a leg mechanism. Materials Science & Engineering Conference Series, 147 (1), 012083 (2016).Google Scholar
- 12.Wang C Y, Hou J H. Analysis and Applications of Theo Jansen’s Linkage Mechanism-Theo Jansen’s Linkage Mechanism on Kinetic Architecture. Proceedings of the 23rd CAADRIA Conference, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, pp.359–368 (2018).Google Scholar
- 13.Jansen’s linkage, From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, September, Available: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jansen%27s_linkage, last accessed 2018/9/16.