System Design and Experimental Analysis of an All-environment Mobile Robot
Due to complexity of the structure, uncertainty of the dynamic model and poor adaptability of the environment of the traditional mobile robot, this paper proposes an all-environment mobile robot based on coaxial eight-rotor which can adapt to the three environments of water, land and air. This paper first describes the mechanical structure and hardware design of AEM (All-environment Mobile) robot, and then aerodynamics model and hydrodynamic model of the robot are formulated by Newton Euler equations. In the end, the physical prototype is assembled, and experiments are conducted to verify that the AEM robot could achieve the expected three motion modes.
KeywordsRobotics Mobile robots AEM robot Dynamic model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yamada H: S. Development of Amphibious Snake-like Robot ACM-R5. In the 36th Inter-national Symposium on Robotics (ISR 2005), Tokyo (2005).Google Scholar
- 2.Prahacs C, Saudners A, Smith MK, McMordie D, Buehler M: Towards legged amphibious mobile robotics. Proceedings of the Canadian Engineering Education Association (CEEA), (2004).Google Scholar
- 3.Georgiades C, German A, Hogue A, Liu H, Prahacs C, Ripsman A, Sim R, Torres LA, Zhang P, Buehler M, Dudek G: AQUA: an aquatic walking robot. In Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2004). Vol. 4, pp. 3525-3531. Step 28. IEEE (2004).Google Scholar
- 4.Zhaoxiong H, Zhenshan Z, Dongli M, Qiao Z: Development of foreign trans-media aircraft and its enlightenment to China. Chinese Journal of Ship Science and Technology, vol.38, no.5, pp.152-157. May (2016).Google Scholar
- 5.An L, Jinfu F, Baoquan L, Yongli L, Taoping G: Progress and key technologies of multi-rotor unmanned aerial underwater vehicle. Chinese Journal of Ship Science and Technolo-gy, vol.39, no.3, pp.1-6. Mar (2017).Google Scholar
- 6.Brown, G: New UAV can launch from underwater for aerial missions. New UAV Can Launch from Underwater for Aerial Missions. Np, nd Web 4 (2016).Google Scholar
- 7.Kawasaki K, Zhao M, Okada K, Inaba M: Muwa: Multi-field universal wheel for air-land vehicle with quad variable-pitch propellers. In Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2013), pp. 1880-1885. Nov 3. IEEE (2013).Google Scholar
- 8.Ziyi G, Tao L, Meiling W: A Survey on Amphibious Robots. In 37th Chinese Control Conference (CCC2018). pp. 5299-5304. Jul 25. IEEE (2018).Google Scholar
- 9.Drews P L J, Neto A A, Campos M F M.: Hybrid unmanned aerial underwater vehicle: Modeling and simulation. In Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2014), pp.4637-4642. IEEE (2014).Google Scholar
- 10.Yamaguchi S, Kawanami T, Koterayama W: A study on shape optimization for an under-water vehicle based on numerical simulation. In the 5th ISOPE Pacific/Asia Offshore Me-chanics Symposium. International Society of Offshore and Polar Engineers, (2002).Google Scholar
- 11.Arabshahi, A., GibeIing, H. J: Numerical simulation of Viscous nows about underwater vehicles. In OCEANS 2000, pp.218~2195. MTS/IEEE Confercnce and Exhibition (2000).Google Scholar