The non-contact method for biomechanical motion analysis of Icelandic horses
A natural fluid gait of the Icelandic horses is so called tölt. It is a gait without suspension which is characterized by a symmetrical four-beat with lateral sequence of footfalls. In this paper biomechanics of the tolt gait of the Icelandic horses is investigated. To analyze parameters of the tolt an architecture of a vision system is develop and described. Results obtained during the experimental part of the study are presented and discussed.
KeywordsMotion Analysis Vision Systems Digital Image Processing Icelandic Horse Tölt
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Waldern N. M., Kinetics and kinematics of the tölt: Effects of rider interaction and shoeing manipulations, Switzerland, Zurich, (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Tema user’s guide, Image Systems AB, (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Trucco E., Verri A., Introductory Techniques for 3D Computer Vision, Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey, (1998)Google Scholar
- 10.Kohut P. , Kurc K., et al, Vision-based motion analysis and deflection measurement of a robot’s crawler unit, Journal of Vibroengineering , 1(8):4112-4121,(2015)Google Scholar
- 12.Rogers C.W.W., Kinematic analysis of the trot in CCI*** 3-day-event horses, Doctoral Dissertation, Massey University, Auckladd, New Zeland (1999)Google Scholar