Design and kinematics of a new leg exoskeleton for human motion assistance
This paper presents a study concerning the structural and mechanical design in Solid Works completed with a kinematic numerical description for a new leg exoskeleton proposed for human motion assistance and rehabilitation. The exoskeleton proposed new design is based on a seven links mechanism, designed to fulfil human locomotion tasks. A kinematic model of the proposed mechanism is presented and obtained results with a computational algorithm developed in ADAMS, are presented with plots. A 3D model is designed for simulation purposes in ADAMS multi body dynamics software and future manufacturing. The obtained simulation results are useful to appreciate the exoskeleton performance for human rehabilitation purposes.
Keywordshuman leg motion assistance exoskeleton design kinematics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.I. Díaz, J.J. Gil, E. Sánchez, Lower-limb robotic rehabilitation: literature review and challenges. J. Robot. (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Dumitru N., Copilusi C., Geonea I., Tarnita D., Dumitrache I. (2015) Dynamic Analysis of an Exo- skeleton New Ankle Joint Mechanism. In: Flores P., Viadero F. (eds) New Trends in Mechanism and Machine Science. Mechanisms and Machine Science, vol 24. Springer, ChamGoogle Scholar
- 7.I. Geonea, M. Ceccarelli, G. Carbone, Design and Analysis of an Exoskeleton for People with Motor Disabilities. The 14th IFToMM World Congress, Taipei, Taiwan, 2015Google Scholar
- 10.Geonea, I., Tarnita, D., Carbone, G., & Ceccarelli, M. (2019). Design and Simulation of a Leg Exoskeleton Linkage for Human Motion Assistance. In New Trends in Medical and Service Ro- botics (pp. 93-100). Springer, Cham.Google Scholar
- 11.Geonea, I., Design Solutions for Human Legs Motion Assistance Exoskeletons, Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering 2018 Vol II, WCE 2018, July 4-6, 2018, London, U.K.Google Scholar