Structural Synthesis of Ten-Link Type Double-Toggle Mold/Die Clamping Mechanisms
Double-toggle mold/die clamping mechanisms are used in modern injection molding machines and die casting machines. The ten-link type double toggle mechanism can produce a constrained motion even though the geometric relation of a symmetric mechanism is not satisfied due to manufacturing errors. Therefore, the ten-link type mechanisms may overcome the drawbacks of the conventional nine-link type mechanisms in the application of double-toggle mold/die clamping mechanisms. In this paper, the structural synthesis for the ten-link type double-toggle mechanism is presented. Thirty types of topological structures for ten-link type double-toggle mechanisms are synthesized in total. The presented results will be helpful in the design of ten-link type double toggle mold/die clamping mechanisms.
KeywordsMold/die clamping mechanism Ten-link type double-toggle mechanism Planar linkage Structural synthesis Topological structure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors are grateful to the Ministry of Science and Technology of Taiwan for supporting this research under Grant Nos. MOST-105-2221-E-019-028 and MOST-107-2221-E-019-031.
- 1.Johannaber F.: Injection molding machines—a user’s guide. 3rd edn. Hanser Pubishers, New York, (1994).Google Scholar
- 2.Frantz C. E.: Mold-separating device. US Patent, 1880380 (1932).Google Scholar
- 3.Yan, H. S.: Mechanisms—theory and applications. McGraw-Hill, New York (2016).Google Scholar
- 4.Chang, W. T., Wu, L. I.: Ten-link type double-toggle mold clamping mechanisms (in Chinese). Taiwan Patent, I382913 (2013).Google Scholar
- 6.Yan, H. S.: Creative design of mechanical devices. Springer, Singapore (1998).Google Scholar