Our selection of companies draws from a variety of different countries, industries, and company sizes. We aim at illustration of selected issues and problems, rather than prescribing solutions. Each case starts with a synopsis to introduce the reader to the problem. Several questions, tools, and overall themes help to prepare for analysis and better understanding. Cases can be used to acquire in-depth knowledge and do further research on selected topics; they can be used in the classroom or as incentives for practical discussions to share insights and challenging questions. We focus on culture, ethnocentrism, corporate social responsibility, and coaching.
- Arora, U., Assegid, Y., Chan, C., Dolly, A., Dorosh, M., Kattenbach, R., et al. (2017). 4th coaching survey: An Asia coaching benchmark. Accessed October 2, 2018, http://www.coachingsurveys.com/pdf-files/4th-coaching-survey-china-hong-kong-india-30-june-2017-en.pdf
- Davies, R. (2000, September 20). Why Asian business has to care about poverty. The Business Times, p. 14.Google Scholar
- Debroux, P. (2006). Corporate social responsibility in Asia: The beginning of the road. Sōka Keiei Ronshu, 30(2–3), 17–29.Google Scholar
- Diamantopoulos, A., Schlegelmilch, B., & Palihawadana, D. (2011). The relationship between country-of-origin image and brand image as drivers of purchase intentions: A test of alternative perspectives. International Marketing Review, 28, 508–524. https://doi.org/10.1108/02651331111167624.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Gao, C., Zuzul, T., Jones, G., & Khanna, T. (2017). Overcoming institutional voids: A reputation-based view of long run survival. Working Paper 17-060. Retrieved October 02, 2018 from https://www.hbs.edu/faculty/Publication%20Files/17-060_9db63930-4475-4eb5-ac48-a660e2d80690.pdf.
- International Labour Organization (ILO). (2016). Global wage report 2016/17: Wage inequality in the workplace. Retrieved October 02, 2018 from http://www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/groups/public/%2D%2D-dgreports/%2D%2D-dcomm/%2D%2D-publ/documents/publication/wcms_537846.pdf.
- Khanna, T., & Palepu, K. G. (2010). Winning in emerging markets: A road map for strategy and execution. Boston: Harvard Business Press.Google Scholar
- Perlmutter, H. V. (1969). The tortuous evolution of the multinational corporation. The Columbia Journal of World Business, 4, 9–18.Google Scholar
- Stinchcombe, A. L. (1965). Social structure and organizations. In J. G. March (Ed.), Handbook of organizations (Rand McNally sociology series) (pp. 142–193). Chicago: Rand McNally.Google Scholar