Penalty-Based Aggregation of Strings
Whereas the field of aggregation theory has historically studied aggregation on bounded posets (mainly the aggregation of real numbers), different aggregation processes have been analysed in different fields of application. In particular, the aggregation of strings has been a popular topic in many fields featuring computer science and bioinformatics. In this conference paper, we discuss different examples of aggregation of strings and position them within the framework of penalty-based data aggregation.
KeywordsAggregation Strings Penalty functions
Raúl Pérez-Fernández acknowledges the support of the Research Foundation of Flanders (FWO17/PDO/160) and the Spanish MINECO (TIN2017-87600-P).
- 2.Gusfield, D.: Algorithms on Strings, Trees and Sequences: Computer Science and Computational Biology. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (1997)Google Scholar
- 3.Nicolas, F., Rivals, E.: Complexities of the centre and median string problems. In: Proceedings of the 14th Annual Conference on Combinatorial Pattern Matching, pp. 315–327. Springer, Heidelberg (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Gagolewski, M.: Data Fusion. Theory, Methods and Applications. Institute of Computer Science, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw (2015)Google Scholar
- 7.Pérez-Fernández, R., De Baets, B.: On the role of monometrics in penalty-based data aggregation. IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Syst. (in press). https://doi.org/10.1109/TFUZZ.2018.2880716
- 15.Kaufman, L., Rousseeuw, P.J.: Finding Groups in Data: An Introduction to Cluster Analysis. Wiley, New York (2009)Google Scholar
- 16.Deza, M.M., Deza, E.: Encyclopedia of Distances. Springer, Heidelberg (2009)Google Scholar
- 20.Jaro, M.A.: Advances in record-linkage methodology as applied to matching the 1985 census of Tampa, Florida. J. Am. Stat. Assoc. 84, 414–420 (1989)Google Scholar
- 21.Winkler, W.E.: String comparator metrics and enhanced decision rules in the Fellegi-Sunter model of record linkage. In: Proceedings of the Section on Survey Research Methods of the American Statistical Association, pp. 354–359 (1990)Google Scholar