Time and Frequency Domain Eigen Image and Cadzow Noise Filtering of 2D Seismic Data
- 17 Downloads
Singular Value Decomposition of matrix is a powerful mathematical technique developed in late seventies. This technique is extensively used in digital image processing. Researchers have employed the SVD of 2D seismic data matrix in time and frequency domain for denoising and data gap filling in the name of Eigen image processing. In this chapter, the time and frequency domain Eigen image techniques are explained with synthetic and real data examples. Hence, the chapter gives the broad idea on the methodologies of time and frequency domain Eigen image processing, Cadzow filtering and their pseudo codes, which are useful for seismic and other image processing.
- Andrews, H.C. and Hunt, B.R. (1977). Digital image restoration.Google Scholar
- Cadzow, J.A. (1988). Signal enhancement-a composite property mapping algorithm. IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, 36(1), 49–62.Google Scholar
- Trickett, S.R. (2002). F-x Eigen image noise suppression. Annual International Meeting, SEG Expanded Abstracts (pp. 2166–2169).Google Scholar
- Trickett, S. (2008). F-xy Cadzow noise suppression. In: 78th Annual International Meeting, SEG, Expanded Abstracts (pp. 2586–2590).Google Scholar
- Ulrych, T.J., Freire, S. and Siston, P. (1988). Eigen image processing of seismic sections. 58th Annual Internat. Mtg., Soc. Expl. Geophys., Expanded Abstracts.Google Scholar