Let’s Make This Personal: Improving the User Experience on Support Portals Through Personalization
Information discovery can be improved by personalizing website content to the known attributes of the user. By filtering out content that is likely to be distracting, the chances a user will find the information they need is improved. In essence, you create a person-centric portal that caters to where that person sits, what they prefer, etc. In the following, we will discuss the benefits as well as some of the user experience challenges we had to overcome in order to deploy an IT Support site that leverages this form of personalization to enhance content, search, browse, navigation and system alerts, across the entire web site.
KeywordsPersonalization Individual differences IT support
- 1.Personalization in Retail: How to create unique experiences and increase sales. https://www.smartinsights.com/lead-generation/marketing-automation/personalization-in-retail-how-to-create-unique-experiences-and-increase-sales/
- 2.General Data Protection Regulation. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation
- 3.Signal-to-noise ratio. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signal-to-noise_ratio
- 4.Banner blindness. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banner_blindness
- 5.Wikipedia, Nomothetic and idiographic. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomothetic_and_idiographic